We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are you in walking distance of shopping?

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Are you in walking distance of shopping?

We are staying at Talkeetna Lodge, are you within walking distance of any shopping? Will not have use of a car.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,640 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are you in walking distance of shopping?

If you are staying at the Talkeenta Alaska Lodge, I believe it is about 1 1/2-2 miles from downtown Talkeetna. Walkable for some folks - maybe not everyone. But according to their website, they run a shuttle into town, so it sounds like you wouldn't need a car for that. http://www.talkeetnalodge.com/ Hope that helps. :)

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are you in walking distance of shopping?

Thanks after I wrote that, I did read they have a shuttle that runs often. Thanks anyway for your help. Just trying to figure out what & where I want to do things. We are going in August.

Wauchope, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are you in walking distance of shopping?

We were in Talkeetna in June. There is not a lot of shopping. Basically there are just a couple of blocks of activity. I believe the markets are generally on weekends & again in a very small area.

4. Re: Are you in walking distance of shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 05:15