We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talkeetna Visit

San Diego...
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Talkeetna Visit

Hello,

This note is just a huge thanks to the town of Talkeetna and its beautiful wonderful people....

Me and a friend of mine were in Talkeetna for the McKinley flight and the glacier landing.....we used Talkeetna Air Taxi and they were fantastic!! We did not plan on spending the night in Talkeetna, but I am so glad we did....

I have never come across such a wonderful town with the nicest people I have met.....

Starting with lunch at Mountain High Pizza Pie to the Fairview Inn, I had such an amazing time.......

I stayed with Holly at the Talkeetna Hostel....at $15 a night, its a great place to stay and meet new people....

If you get time, add this to your map......

Edited: 23 March 2011, 04:35
Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Talkeetna Visit

Thank you all for your advice. It certainly gives us something to think about!

Ashryn

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Talkeetna Visit

Apologies to Displacedyankee from bear with a displacedbrain.......Now I see that is NOT a link to your business, but a link to your listing on TA.......the blue color made me think it was.........

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Talkeetna Visit

Mombear, I think the link would still be considered wrong...the rules state that a business person's posts are not to be used as "an opportunity to solicit new clients", and I can't think of any other reason why someone would be directed to those reviews....

Unless Andi has contacted TA and they said this was allowed?

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Talkeetna Visit

Hmmmm...another person PM'd me and pointed out it might be TA making the name into a link, though it never did that before. If that's the case, then I guess there's no problem with it...it's TA's own doing.... and nothing TA does surprises me anymore, lol.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Talkeetna Visit

When someone posts in a specific forum, like the Talkeetna forum, and mentions a specific attraction or lodging, then TA automatically creates a link to that attraction or lodging (if it is in TA's database). So that is why Talkeetna Chalet Bed & Breakfast has the link in Andi's posts in this forum (Talkeetna), but not in any of the posts she made in the other forums (Alaska general forum for example).

I did a couple of tests to substantiate what I wrote above. So certainly no ill intent on her part!

John

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Talkeetna Visit

LOL, John, we'll have to get you that Sherlock Holmes cap! I'm glad you cleared that up.

Talkeetna
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Talkeetna Visit

Talkeetna has a lot to offer and there is another way to see Denali, have a flightseeing trip and return to Talkeetna for great dining and evening entertainment is look at Talkeetna Aero Services "Fly Denali" tour. You get a flight seeing tour, arrive at airport outside of Denali where they transport you to the Bus Tours through Denali. They supply a lunch and then at the end of your tour of Denali you are transported back to return to Talkeetna by air, just in time for Dining, Music, Theatre and more. This will allow you another day to ride the Hurricane Train, fish, hike, raft, horseback ride, atv rides, shop or just enjoy a great community. OK, can you tell that I love Talkeetna.

Kathy - Meandering Moose Lodging

Talkeetna, Alaska
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Talkeetna Visit

Wow...I just read all these comments for the first time...I have no idea why the name of my business turned into a link! I was told that I have to identify myself as the owner of a business, so that's what I did and have always done.

John, thanks for the explaination. I guess it only happens when I post on the Talkeetna forum, so I'll be very careful next time!

Sorry...I didn't intend to stir things up. I have never solicited anyone on the forum to my place of business, just providing information about Talkeetna and some of my recommendations as a consumer.

Andi

19. Re: Talkeetna Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:15