We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

Level Contributor
102 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

Hi everyone :) I'm getting ready to book a flightseeing tour for our upcoming trip, and I have a question about adding a glacier landing. I know that only I can determine if it's "worth it" for me - but I'm curious to hear others' opinions on just how much "awe" it adds to the trip.

We are planning to do the Ice Falls glacier hike at the Matanuska Glacier. Knowing that, do you think it is still worth it for us to add the glacier landing to our trip?

Thanks for any input you may have!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

We did the glacier landing with K2 last summer and would do it again! Yes, the vastness of the area where we landed was pretty spectacular. I haven't done the Matanuska Glacier so I can't compare/contrast or advise on that aspect.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

Flightseeing from Talkeetna to Mt. Mckinley and landing on Ruth Glacier truly is a "Trip of a Lifetime." Do it.

We went with

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

Just returned from Alaska and did the glacier landing with K2. It was awesome!!! Would recommend to anyone. It adds that extra Wow factor to the trip. The pilots and land crew were professional and personable. Great knowledge of the area.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

Welcome to the forum Boat616.......look up K2, under Things to Do on the Talkeetna forum (top left)......you can post a review there that will be seen by more people than would happen upon in it this forum post.......

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip !

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

if you look up K2 and have problems try K2 Aviation

New York
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

I have a different slant. Glacier landings with ski planes are on all snow. Yes, it is an experience. But, if available the summit flight is superior, and I understand a glacier landing may now be available with that flight?.

I have flown with K2, but use another company the most. For me, once was enough in the ski plane, summit flights are my preference. I have also glacier trekked Matanuska. It is very different compared to a snow landing, but similar to a glacier helicopter landing-.

7. Re: Flightseeing w/ Glacier Landing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:23
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now