We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

Which Talkeetna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Topic
Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

We will be spending the night at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge in July and have the morning to do an optioal excursion before heading to Anchorage in the afternoon. Any suggestions? What is there to do if we hang around town? How far is it from the lodge?

missouri
Level Contributor
89 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

In August we did both a Mahay's jetboat tour and flightseeing with K2 Aviation. Loved both adventures and would highly recommend both operators.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

If you want to get out of town and away form the crowds I suggest Alaska Bush Floatplane service. Www.alaskafloatplane.com They will provide a pick up for you at the lodge if you book a flight with them. They have a really lovely place and it is a top scenic stop along the road. They offer both McKinley flights and Wildlife flights so if the mountain is not out due to weather then they allow you the option of switching to one of their wildlife flights.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

I agree with others that flightseeing is the BEST in Talkeetna, but we also enjoyed just walking in town. They really have some interesting spots to visit, and take a walk the few blocks to the river where you'll have a fantastic view if the mountain is out.

Alabama
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

I didn't see breakfast at the Roadhouse mentioned here, which I would highly recommend. And flightseeing would be my first choice as well.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

Noah's . . . depending on what accommodation package they have at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, they may already have breakfast paid for in which case going to the Roadhouse may be a better plan for another meal . . . or cinnamon buns to go :)

16. Re: Best thing to do in Talkeetna in the morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:16