We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
707 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

The Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge looks nice but is a bit pricey. The other hotels look a bit shabby. So, it looks like I'll be staying at one of the B&Bs. But I can't tell where they are located. Some seem to be miles out of town. I would prefer a place near town or the airport. I just need a nice room, bed, and bath for myself. What would you recommend? Thanks.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 07:53
Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
970 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

We stayed at The Roadhouse last summer for one night. The accommodations are simple and clean. You will share a common bathroom. If you stay there, I do not recommend a downstairs room. The entrance and bathrooms are together so you can hear everything, and people will come in late. Upstairs is probably quieter due to limited foot traffic. We would not stay there again if we had to stay downstairs. I do recommend the Roadhouse for food.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,093 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

Not quite sure of your question. Will you have a car? This is based on wanting to be near the airport and why

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

I jot down lodging options and restaurants as I read trip reports ......

In Talkeetna the Denali View Lodge, Denali Fireside, Susitna River Lodge, Talkeetna Chalet and the Roadhouse cabins have all gotten good writeups.

We stayed there 1 nite in an RV hoping for a flightseeing opportunity, but we were rained out both days.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 18:36
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
707 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

I'll be driving from Girdwood to Talkeetna and plan to take a flightseeing trip to Mt. McKinley. I'm just looking for a nice place to stay in Talkeetna that isn't too expensive for one night before continiuing on to Denali.

Thanks for the suggestions..

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,796 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

K2...

There's way too many different threads to follow this traveler (IMO). If you check a few of the other threads you may get an idea of the hows & whys.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

Gary, folks are having a difficult time helping you with suggestions as your questions are all separated without including your itinerary.......it really helps when your trip is kept all together in one post.......

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,263 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

http://www.talkeetnachamber.org/ - has maps, so you should be able to see where things are located:

Just for lodging advice:

talkeetnachamber.org/directory/…lodging

I have a friend that has stayed at the Meandering Moose a few times - really likes it there. Good luck! :)

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
707 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

Sorry, guys, I thought I should post a question specific to Talkeetna in the Talkeetna forum.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
707 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

Thanks for the suggestion about the map. Exactly what I needed. :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need recommendation for one night in Talkeetna

The Meandering Moose is a cool place with very nice owners but it's a bit off the beaten path. In town I don't think you can go wrong with the Denali Fireside.