We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
112 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

I am trying to plan a honeymoon in bora bora in early july this year. We have about 12 days plus two days for travel there and back. I saw the website for bora bora cruises and thinking about that for seven days then three days at the st. regis. Or the whole time at the st. regis. We are going to use some miles to pay for the room, if possible as we have loads of amex miles.

Has anyone been on the nomade cruises? The st. regis looks great and not sure if you have to do overwater bungalow or can save on a beach front room.

thanks so much for any help on this!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Ia Orana

Congratulations on your up coming union and for the choice of a great idea for a honeymoon.

Bora Bora cruises is in my book ( not yet written ) the best.

Top notch service on board and 1000 times more intimate than a large resort.

There Are 30 cabins on board the Bora Bora Yacht ( cruise it is not, Yachting it is really ).

I love the different activities you can join if you feel like it or to remain on board for some quality jaccuzi time one one of the 2 pools.

You can also renew your vows on board too for that special tahitian touch.

Should your budget allows, you can of course at the end consider 2 or 3 nights in an Overwater bungalow.

I would recommend the Hotel bora Bora to keep that same intimate feeling being in a resort with an abundance of tropical tress and plants around you + the superb white sand beach that surrounds the hotel on 3 sides. The walk after dinner will take you to the pier to watch the ballet of the Manta rays.

For Photos of The Bora Cruises, St Regis and Hotel Bora Bora,

Visit : http://photos.yahoo.com/flytahiti

open Bora Cruise, Bora Hotel and Bora St regis.

Make sure to wear some sunglasses before opening the albums. Very bright and colorful photos there!

Bon Voyage meherio

Mentioned in this post
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Society Islands, French Polynesia
The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
The St. Regis Bora Bora...
2,279 Reviews
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Alberta
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Go for the Bora Bora Cruise with Nomade Yachting. We were just on it a week ago and it was absolutely amazing! 5 Star food and service on basically a private yacht.

Don't let the pricing dissuade you! It is worth every penny! When you consider that all your meals are included - gourmet french dining which is to die for, with wine included. All non-alcoholic beverages are included, even fruit smoothies! In the afternoon there is tea in the lounge with freshly baked cookies and pie available.

The cruise includes your daily activities including snorkeling on private motus, breakfast on the beach, champagne sunset with canapes, movie on the beach with drinks and appetizers and it just keeps going on! Every whim you have is catered to, and the staff are friendly and professionals at what they do.

There were only 13 passengers on our cruise and talking to staff, the most cruises only have up to 20 passengers or so. This means you have the yacht to yourself for the most part from the sundeck to the jacuzzi, to the lounge. Also there are no long line ups for anything, as there are shuttles provided to take you to the beach when you want to go, and will be there when you want to come back. All in all you are catered to like a millionaire! When you consider the meals, the excusions and the overall experience, the cruise is an extremely good value.

Go to their website, www.boraboracruises.com, if you haven't already, because it outlines the cruise day by day, and has great shots of the yacht.

For post cruise, we stayed at the St Regis. It was fabulous! Would recommend 3 to 4 days maximum. Take the helicopter flight over Bora Bora - the lagoon is breathtaking with all the hues of blue. The St Regis is a new resort, so everything is top notch with all the amenities. Recommend an overwater bungalow - we had one with a living room and a jacuzzi on the deck! It's worth all those points - you will even have a butler to take care of anything you request!

We had a fantastic 3 weeks in French Polynesia - our only regret in the entire three weeks was doing the Lagoonarium excusion in Bora Bora. On our 2nd last day we walked into a tourist trap!

Mentioned in this post
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
2,279 Reviews
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Ia orana

Thank you for that glowing ( and so well deserved review)

Bora Bora yacht (As i prefer to call it) is an incredible value when you compare the cost of 7 night in a premium Overwater bungalow, andd all the meals and activities !

Another similar (and more tahitan cruise) is with the Haumana in Rangiroa with a great formula from 3-4-7 day cruises.

http://www.tahiti-haumana-cruises.com/

Meherio

Mentioned in this post
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
112 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Thanks for the info, got felled by the flu yesterday!

I guess my concern with the cruise is, I'm leaving behind two kids, a house full of relatives, after the wedding and will want peace and quiet and privacy. I was thinking having to face people on the yacht (or kid noise) might ruin it for me. But spending 10 to 12 days at the st. regis might be too long. I guess we'll see how far the miles get us. It sounds like you don't have to eat meals en masse all the time like "cruises". My other concern with the yacht is, i didn't see any umbrellas and I won't be able to hang out in that sun for more than ten minutes without one! I know the hotels have beach umbrellas.

The yacht does sound fabulous, and I will need to be pampered and relax after the stress of work and planning a wedding. It's a once in a lifetime trip so I just want to make the right choice.

My other question is whether or not it's going to rain or be cold in early to mid july? I'm dreaming of snorkeling in those warm blue waters when the stress gets me here. I went to hawaii last april and the ocean was cold.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Ia orana

Cold is not a word I would use In french polynesia is cold at all ( I know you will be going there in the winter). leave the moon boots and gloves home.

The upper deck of the tu moana and tia moana have near teh bar an area in the shade. Same on the back of the ship. A giant sail like fabric is providing the shade

Hope this helps

meherio

Alberta
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

My reply to you is if you want to relax and be pampered after the stress of a wedding, the cruise is the way to go. I cannot rave enough about it. My wife surprised me with it as I thought we were to spend 10 nights at the St-Regis. The cruise was phenomenal. The St-Regis is a very posh resort----with posh pricing too. Expect to drop about $100 for lunch there daily, supper is worse. Excursions are very pricey from the islands (motus) surrounding Bora Bora. That is why we think the cruise is worthwhile. As for the weather, it is presently their rainy season and it didn't dampen our holidays in the least. Yes it did rain but it only lasts for about 15 minutes then the sun comes out again. As for shade on the cruise, you can get as much sun as you want, or as little. As for snorkelling, the cruise will take you to the best spots--- included in your price. On Bora bora, the snorkelling isn't so good. You are there for the blue hues of the lagoon. On the cruise they took us to remote coral reefs that are alive with coral and teeming with tropical fish....and I managed to find NEMO too!! For a truely memorable experience, go for the cruise.

Mentioned in this post
2,279 Reviews
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
112 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Thanks to both of you, that is all very very helpful info. I've been hawaii when it rains briefly but then stops and it still feels warm and tropical. I'm thinking now maybe the cruise then six days at the st. regis which would be getting to experience both.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Ia Orana celtic.

Great choice!

The can of worms labelled Doom and gloom with 100% content filled with speculation on the weather in FP should not and will not be opened. The many trip reports from returning guests form this rainy season should be the best reading to put any future guest mind at ease.

Bon Voyage

meherio

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

Ia orana celtic.

Hope you are going yachting soon with the Bora Bora cruises.

write us back upon your return

meherio

Mentioned in this post
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
288 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bora bora cruises vs. st. regis bora bora

would the cruise/yachting be okay for someone who gets seasick very easily? my fiance has had some head injuries when he was a child and as an adult he gets motion sickness very easily. Rollercoasters have the same effect too.