We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

Seattle
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

Do the cruise ships come often to Bora Bora during the week ?

I was just wondering when the crowds would be

in town thanks

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,494 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

The Paul Gauguin stops once a week in Bora Bora. The town is teeny tiny and can be walked in about ten minutes. Most cruise people pop into town, get a car for 1/2 day, see the island and some go on excursions. It's not really crowded anywhere in Bora Bora ever. Other cruises such as the Tahitian Princess also cruises in Bora Bora. No worries, it's not like it is going to be swarming with tourists. Hope this reassures you.

sunny regards,

shully

Seattle
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

Thanks Shully -

I have been on many cruises & always enjoyed the different island stops. On the other hand I have stayed for week or so on different islands & am amazed what the 'traffic' from the ships can bring to 'my' island (HA) when I am there....

I know that sounds selfish, or hypocritical....but I am glad to read your comment. I just wanted a heads up on what day to avoid the crowds (if any)

Hope I haven't offended any cruisers - I didn't mean to

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

Look up Paul Gauguin & the Tathitian Princesses itineries on the computer for the period you are visiting you will find the exact dates . They are not like the big ships like in the Carribean The T/p holds 400 passengers & the P/G less. I know what you mean .I needed a T/shirt to cover my Granddaughters legs (from burning) a plain white one was $18.Why because there was 6 ships in at once. I 'll be visiting Bora Bora next week on the T/P So I won't mind sharing your Island for a few hours.I suggest you give Bloody Mary's

A wide birth though.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,494 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

My pleasure to help! It'll be fine. The only impact is really usually the car rentals as they don't have enough when the cruisers come ashore. BOB is a very small island. No worries...most people staying on BOB don't spend alot of time in Viatape anyway. It's a teeny tiny little town and once you've walked it's length you've seen it.

Most people are busy out in the lagoon! All the best to you!

sunny regards,

shully

Seattle
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

Good suggestions winnyd & thanks to you & Shully for your help.

ps Have a wonderful cruise winnyd !

Washington DC
Level Contributor
742 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

Where do the cruise ships dock in Bora Bora and Taha'a? We are at the Thalasso and Le Tahaa and am wondering if we will actually see these boats?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

Travcarib. Our cruise docks in Utora Raitai April 13th& 14th In BoraBora we anchor off shore close to Vaitape on the 12th &13th. Ours is the Tahitian Princess.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,494 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

The Paul Gauguin also is offshore on the Viatape side. There is no dock big enough for these two ships ON the island. So they anchor offshore and tender guests in on small boats. No worries, the Thalasso is on the other side of the island.

sunny regards,

shully

Seattle
Level Contributor
388 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

When the cruise ships are in Viatape, do vendors set up little stands to sell things in the area where the cruise ship tender arrives?

10. Re: what day(s) does the cruise ships dock at Bora Bora ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 21:18