We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

San Francisco, CA
14 posts
Save Topic
Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Every April for 3-consecutive years and a combined total of over 30-days, my family and I visited our most favorite vacation spot in the world, the Society Islands! In 2005 it was the Pearl Resorts in Bora Bora, in 2006 it was the Pearl Resorts BB again and then on to the Te Tiare resort in Huahine. Last year in 2007 we sailed around the islands of Raiatea and Tahaa for 4-days on a 50 foot sailboat called the Eden Martin and then on to our favorite island Bora Bora for 6 more fabulous days at the Intercontinental Thalasso resort! So why am I mentioning this you may wonder? We'll today is April 8th and while I should be drinking a cold Hinano and eating fresh Poisson Cru on the deck of an overwater bungalow like I have for the past 3-years, I'm sitting in my office in San Francisco with 49F degree weather dreaming about that magical island and missing its warm, clear, turquoise lagoons and sandy motus more than ever. Those of you that have been there know what I mean and those of you that haven't been there, be warned, that place is additive and will call for your return at all costs!

Thanks for listening, I do feel a little better now...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

ia orana

I hope that you can find a small dose of your FP fix with the reviews, photos and videos posted on this website by travelers.

For the Hinano, your local bev-Mo carries it and hopefully you have brought back some CD's on your last trips to get back (at least in memories and dreams ) to the islands.

Bali hai is calling,.... 48 hours to go before Moorea!

meherio

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Hello Tripologist

I know just what you are talking about. That Tahitian Flu Virus will never leave us:):):):)

Regards BO

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

I totally understand. I signed on here today because i was missing bora bora. We were there in july of 06. I woke up this morning here in South Dakota and just kept dreaming about bora bora..I closed my eyes and imagined how great it was to wake up in our overwater villa and open the doors to our deck and see that beautiful view of the water and Mount Otemanu. We'd order breakfast on our deck and then go float around the lagoon at the st regis....ahhhh I miss it soo much! Why can't we all have unlimited funds so we could visit whenever we want??? *sigh*

Louisiana
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Tripo,

I've got to ask: When you returned home did what happen to me happen to you? After a couple of days did you start smelling the scent of the sweet gardinia every once and a while? You know the small white flower, it was the one around your neck, placed on your bed at night, on your table at dinner, and the one you put behind you ear. I did for a couple of weeks. Very strange.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

PS

meherio- Where can i find some CD's? I asked around the whole time we were there to try and find some CD's that played some of the songs we heard on the radio there , but we had no luck.??

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

You must be looking for Bobbie Holcomb Music.

The Tahitian Bob Marley.

No longer for sale unless you can find one on ebay...........or find a kind person that has them and will burn them for you:)

That kind person sent me a bunch:)

Problem is when I hear those tunes I get the worst case of the Tahitian flu and start booking my next trip.

Regards BO

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
78 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Meherio,

Might you know the title of one of the songs or one of the CDs?? My husband believes you can put in a request on Itunes for music if they don't have it...might be worth a try.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Ia orana

"Bobby" by bobby holcomb

"Fenua remix " Fenua Mua " by fenua

"Polynesian Vibes'by moana lounge

(the intercontinental hotels compilation)

For a taste of the music:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bobby+holcomb&search_type=

bobby's Cd seem to have re emerged on the market

there were several for sale at the duty free shop at faaa airport last time.

Also thread from the past;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294338-i867-k1234…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g311415-i869-k1072…

Meherio

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Meherio..........will you be humming that Bobbie tune all the way to the airport?

how is your packing list doing........and the luggage

limit..........over or not?

MFG Bo

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Missing you, Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Ia orana,

"Po- Ri-ne-tiaaaa....." yeap that song is there....

Situation a T - 12 hours

The Luggage: Way beyond !

The packing list: not to be released since it would discredit any of my past writtings about packing light, limits allowed on wines, snacks, clothing, you got the drift.

The transportation company in Papeete has been advised to get a bigger van tomorrow morning in place already.

Also sounds like there will be a low riding renault making the ferry crossing at noon back home to Moorea.

meherio