We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Float rafts- Thalasso

cleveland
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Float rafts- Thalasso

Many have suggersted bringing rafts for the lagoon to relax on. What type of rafts are we talking about, tubes or full body? Do you just blow them up manually when you get there? thanks

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Float rafts- Thalasso

Hi go:

Indeed a full body raft to lounge on! I prefer a baffled raft so you don't have to blow up so much air into it! Alot of people bring the ones with the mesh in the middle and just a ring around the edges to blow up. Both of these will take up less room in your suitcase as well.

Yep, you will need to blow it up on your own. :)

sunny regards,

shully

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
191 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Float rafts- Thalasso

I bought some of the ones with mesh in them middle at Target. They are very flat and the case has straps so they can be carried over your shoulder. I think they were about $15 each -- my thought is that we can leave them if necessary. They also don't require as much blowing, like Shully says!

Scotch Plains, NJ
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Float rafts- Thalasso

We took 2 very cheap blow up rafts with us to the St. Regis last week. They were great to float around on. Did not take long to blow up. Get the brightest colors you can. We had bright blue and bright pink. They provide an amazing contrast to the beautiful water. Just left them at the villa when we left. Hope the next people in our room enjoy!

4. Re: Float rafts- Thalasso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 04:19