We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers inbetween hotels

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers inbetween hotels

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get a reasonable priced transfer from Pearl Resort to Intercontinental Thalasso without having to go back to the airport?

I was proposed a rate of XPF13'000 which I think is REALLY excessive!

Thanks for your help :-)

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers inbetween hotels

We just got back and the only way I could imagine doing it is by renting a car in Vaitape and driving to the IC dock. But, keep in mind that, if it's like the Pearl, you're supposed to have permission to ride the shuttle to the hotel if you're not a guest. That's still going to cost you close to the same (9200 XPF for an economy car for 4 hours plus insurance if you want it).

If you're planning to eat dinner at a restaurant there, they will probably pick you up free or for a smaller charge, but then you will be coming and going according to when your reservation is.

Not sure why you want to visit another hotel when Pearl Beach is so perfect -- maybe you are splitting your stay between two hotels? Consider staying at the Pearl. I have nothing to compare it to, but I can't imagine anywhere more perfect (not to mention the fact that I can't imagine packing up my stuff in the middle of my trip to move!). :)

Maybe the experts have a recommendation. However it works out for you, HAPPY TRAVELS!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers inbetween hotels

Thanks for your answer. Yes actually I will be staying at both hotels, Pearl 3 days and Intercontinental Thalassa a week (the rooms look fantastic). They are both on motus therefore the car or bus won't really help unless I go to the Intercontinental Moana and then take the free boat to Thalasso... but what a hastle! I'm actually looking for a private boat taxi company or a local with a boat with reasonable prices.

I really don't mind packing as anyhow we will be going to Moorea and Huahine too :-))) I can't wait!!!

Thanks for the help!

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers inbetween hotels

Going back through the airport might just end up being your best option. Certainly should be the cheapest option. You should already have transportation to and from the airport included in your stay at both hotels, do you not? The airport is not far at all from the Pearl. You would just take the Pearl's boat to the airport and then the IC boat to your next hotel. It will just take a little bit longer doing it this way.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers inbetween hotels

Hi thanks for the answer!

No transfers are not included in the hotel room as I have not booked a package.

I actually don't feel like wasting time in Bora Bora having to go back up to the airport to go way back down to my hotel and paying a lot for such a low quality service.

I am looking for a taxi boat contact or a local with a boat that can bring me from one hotel to the next.

Thanks for your help anyhow!

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers inbetween hotels

I just checked Jan Prince's new Tahiti guide (released last week; available from Amazon.com, WONDERFUL!). Here's what she lists for water taxis:

Manu Taxi Boat: tel. (689) 67-61-93

Taxi Motu: tel. (689) 67-60-61; email: Taximotu@hotmail.com

Hope this helps!

6. Re: Transfers inbetween hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 18:21