We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leaving tomorrow - last minute suggestion

stinnacakes
12 posts
Save Topic
leaving tomorrow - last minute suggestion

I'm leaving tomorrow for Moorea for 4 nights and then following it up with 4 nights in Bora Bora (my flight is still on time - keeping my fingers crossed). I tried to get a reservation at Villa Mahana, but I wasn't able to get one. Is there another comparable suggestion for a romantic restaurant with good food that I would be able to get a reservation on such short notice? I'm staying at IC Thalasso, so transportation may be an issue.

Also, do I need a reservation for Bloody Mary's?

Thanks to this forum for all the help in planning for our trip.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leaving tomorrow - last minute suggestion

Hi stin:

Shame about Villa Mahana. I'd have the Thalasso check again for you upon arrival as there are sometimes cancellations!! Another very romantic place would be the Lagoon restaurant at the St Regis. They will pick you up by boat at the Thalasso for free. Just make the reservation via the concierge at the Thalasso with the St Regis.

You can make a reservation for Bloody Mary's via the Thalasso concierge upon arrival at the resort. You will just take their free shuttle boat over to the Le Moana where Bloody Marys will pick you up and bring you back.

Have a great trip and remember to stop back by with your photos!!!

sunny regards,

shully

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leaving tomorrow - last minute suggestion

Le Matira Beach is small, romantic and fancy - haute French using local fresh ingrediants. Expect to spend a couple hundred USD for three courses and drinks. You need reservations for any restaurant because there is a system whereby you need to catch the hotel water shuttle to Vaitape and the each restaurant sends a taxi to pick you up from the dock and take you to the restaurant.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: leaving tomorrow - last minute suggestion

Fare Manuia (I think I spelled the name wrong a little) was excellent. People smoke but it's open air so not too bad (people smoke at all the restaurants). You could also ask for a table at the side. After Matira Beach Restaurant was full, our hotel basically insisted that we go to Fare Manuia, and I am so glad that we did!

I wouldn't recommend St. James Restaurant. Nice ambience and nice little bar area below, but I am sure there are better places.

Have fun! I'm already ready to go back!

4. Re: leaving tomorrow - last minute suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 08:15