We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med Bora Bora

Middletown, New York
10 posts
Save Topic
Club Med Bora Bora

Hi Everyone

I ruled out FP for our honeymoon bc we just couldn't spend the 8-10K but still like to torture myself by looking at the reviews and different hotels. I stumbled across the Clubmed website yeterday looking at another location but put in for a quote anyway..and to my suprise...it was out of this world cheap..$2700 for 7 dys. I guess they are running a promotion to book early. I know that it is an older property and has no OWB but I guess that is why the price is so good.

What are your thoughts about this property? Do you think 7 nights is too long on BB ?

Thanks!

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,814 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

Hi Beach

I visited that property last September and was pleasantly surprised. It is on a beautiful beach, the rooms are basic (not OWB) but they are clean and have all the amenities you need including a fidge in the room. Keep in mind the flight to Bora Bora will be an addition USD500.00 per person. It's still the best deal you can get in Bora Bora. No I don't think 7 nights in Bora Bora at Club Med is too long. It's the liveliest place in Bora Bora.

Regards BO

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

I know several people who have been to Club Med Bora Bora and loved it. My feeling is...you're there....in paradise....on Bora Bora....who cares if the accomodations aren't 5-Star, the scenery is!

I do have a question about the pricing though. Does that include airfare? Because if it doesn't, then by the time you tack on airfare from NY to PPT and then PPT to Bora Bora, you will likely be up over $7K....unless you can hit a great airfare sale.

If it does include airfare, then that is a great price.....especially considering all your food and drink is included.

Middletown, New York
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

It does not include Air from NY . i can't seem to find direct from JFK right now but did find $1090.00 from LAX to PPT. We have some free flights from another airline that can get us to LAX so thats a huge plus!!

How long is the flight from PPT to BB?

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,814 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

What time of the year are you going? Non stop flights from JFK are only during high season Jun-Sep.

The Flight from Papeete to Bora Bora is about 1hr.

Regards BO

Mentioned in this post
Papeete
Papeete
Tahiti, French Polynesia
Middletown, New York
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

We are looking to leave on July 1st... do you think it is better to fly direct from JFK ?

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

Okay, that $1090 flight is a good price. But is that the final price? Does that include all taxes and fuel surcharges? Double check that, cause those can add up to quite a bit.

The direct flight from NYC would be better, but if you can't get it and have free miles to LAX, that's great.

The RT flights from PPT to Bora Bora will run close to $1000 for 2. And you also have to make ground transportation arrangements to get you to Club Med.

Overall, you're still doing very good with this and will come in less than that $8-10K.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,814 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

In July the nonstop flight from JFK would be on Monday and Friday. Your option for that week would be 6/29 or 7/3.

Regards BO

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,814 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

PS...Returns are Thurday and Sunday. Options for that week would be 7/9 and 7/12.

Regards BO

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

Hi there,

The price at Club Med you found is for "land only" (ie:just the hotel) in a Superior room for seven nights. The price also includes their $60 per person membership fee. The airfare from LAX to Papeete and on to Bora Bora roundtrip with all taxes and boat transfers to/from the resort is another $1,958 per person. So the total package price is considerably more at just over $6,600 total. Their cancellation insurance is additional. Still a great deal. You could take the overnight flight from LAX on July 1 and go straight to Bora Bora on July 2 upon arrival. All flights back to the USA are overnight. Hope this helps!

The Club Med is a basic property (ie: three star) but it's all inclusive and there are lots of activites. It's an excellent deal in Bora Bora.

sunny regards,

shully

Mentioned in this post
Papeete
Papeete
Tahiti, French Polynesia
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
288 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Med Bora Bora

just wanted to let you know beachgirl that you might want to check costco's travel site. they have really good deals on there. or consider going to moorea, i think there's a special on there for moorea i just saw the other day and it seemed like a really good deal and you could take the shuttle boat from papeete to moorea and save on flight. we went to bora bora for our honeymoon but in the beginning it also seemed way out of our budget but i researched here and there and with the help of the great ppl on the bora bora forum we made it happen! i hope you make it there for your honeymoon!