We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning

ABQ, USA
7 posts
Save Topic
Air Conditioning

How important is air conditioning in mid June in a Bora Bora beach bungalow? Is it worth the extra cash?

Edited: 15 April 2010, 00:22
Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Conditioning

It really depends on how tolerant you are to. I've been in FP in Feb (the hot humid season) and stayed at places with no air. Sure, it was hot and it was humid. Bu when the breeze blew at night, it was fine. I had no real issues with it.

So unless you are one of those people who absolutely positively has to have air you can probably do without it quite well....especially in June.

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Conditioning

If AC is not standard, I would be nervous about the overall resort.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Conditioning

Many of the hotels didn't even have air conditioning until fairly recently. Obviously the newer ones built on Bora were built with AC. But many of the others just added AC in the past 5-10 years.

Many of the smaller hotels and pensions still do not have air and never will. Power is extremely expensive over there....the addition of AC adds quite a bit to what the hotels charge. If the rooms are situated just right to get a good breeze, it's really not that necessary...especially in their winter months...unless you are one of those people who REALLY needs it.

4. Re: Air Conditioning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 07:16