We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IC Thalasso - King Diamond VS King Diamon Otemanu

toronto
Level Contributor
238 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
IC Thalasso - King Diamond VS King Diamon Otemanu

Hello,

For the overwater bungalows offered by IC Thalasso, I notice the King Overwater Diamond is almost $200 cheaper per night than the Otemanu. The only difference I see in descriptions is that the Otemanu faces the mountain, hand has a separate living area. Would the actual rooms be the same? Is it worth facing the mountain ? this would be for 2 adults

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IC Thalasso - King Diamond VS King Diamon Otemanu

All the rooms are identical. The Diamond Otemanu rooms face directly to the mountain, rather than at an angle. Pay forthe Diamong and buy an Ambassador membership to get aone-class upgrade to Diamond Otemanu (subject ot availability, of course - - there are only 6 of those rooms).

Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IC Thalasso - King Diamond VS King Diamon Otemanu

As mentioned, get the Ambassador membersip for $150 and get a free upgrade. You can reserve a sapphire and upgrade to a Diamond. However, even teh sapphires have great views. As you mention, there is a higher diamond, but it was merely further out on the peer. All the rooms are exactly the same. If you send me a PM with an email address, I will email you a color map of the IC room locations and numbers.

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IC Thalasso - King Diamond VS King Diamon Otemanu

Diamond Otemanu OWBs are in shallow water. The "Diamond End of Pontoon" OWBs are in deeper water.

4. Re: IC Thalasso - King Diamond VS King Diamon Otemanu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 08:23