We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Regis, Bora Bora first timer

Essex, Connecticut
6 posts
Save Topic
St. Regis, Bora Bora first timer

I am going Bora Bora for the first time in late August, 2010.

I would welcome any thoughts, suggestions and experience with the resort.

What do the ladies wear for dinner?

Level Contributor
839 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Regis, Bora Bora first timer

We stayed at the IC Thalasso and highly recommend it. The reviews online are excellent (mine are below). I suggest you read them and make a decision accordingly. We have been using TA for the past 4 years and it has never steered us wrong.

Essex, Connecticut
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Regis, Bora Bora first timer

Thank you for your feedback qnd reviews

We are committed/booked at the St, Regis and will not be able to change. I was told that everything will be up and running in late August.

I was wondering what the attire was for dinner at the St. Regis?

Edited: 20 June 2010, 17:19
Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Regis, Bora Bora first timer

Resort casual. Sun dress or skirt or capris for the ladies....nice shorts or lightweight trousers and a tropical style or polo shirt for the men. Sandals are fine for both. No beachwear, no tank tops.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Regis, Bora Bora first timer

Hello - we stayed at the St. Regis in December. Read my hotel review if you wish as I posted pictures too.... You will love the property. For dress for dinner well that is completely up to you - but my suggestion is resort casual. All restaurants I visited in Bora Bora i would wear a dress/sundress of some sort and sandals/summer shoes.... a little dressier then day time dress and flip flops but I saw lots of women wear flip flops with a sundress as well in the evening. Again, their choice. I saw one women wearing a pareo for dinner as well at the St. Regis. My husband wore shorts and a tommy bahama shirt for example. Just think resort casual and you'll be fine.

Enjoy - you will LOVE it there!

5. Re: St. Regis, Bora Bora first timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 06:15