We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending money budget?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
spending money budget?

Hello,

I'm planning our honeymoon to moorea and bora bora next may/june. I'm trying to work out how much the honeymoon could cost and whether we can afford it. Can anyone give me an idea of how much spending we'd need for approx. 7-10 days in the two islands? I've had a quote for flights from UK and hotels on half board basis. So how much should we budget for the rest - 2-3 excursions per island, snacks etc etc?

Thanks

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spending money budget?

$1600 - $1800 USD

That will cover lunch/snack plus a few glasses of wine each day plus 2 excusions per island. That is total not per person.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spending money budget?

What about if dinner is not included in the package? We are going next June and have daily breakfast, but that is all. Thanks!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
839 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spending money budget?

It depends on where you are staying. If you are at IC Thalasso, where we stayed, you have a free shuttle to take you to the island (Matria beach). Otherwise, most restaurants will pick you up for free.

Lunch - The cheapest we found was The Snack Shack on Matira beach. It was 1700 XPF ($19) for a cheeseburger, fries, and soda. Oddly enough, for a cheesebrurger on a baget with fries and soda it was only 1100 XPF ($12). More bread, same meat, less money. go figure. There is a grocery in the same area where you can get snacks and drinks, including alcohol. Our 4x4 guide let us stop there and load up for snacks at prices similar to big city downtown groceries (think New York City). Beyond that, the food is pricey. We don't drink alcohol, so can't help you there.

Dinner – Most places will pick you up and drop you off, since they want your money and realize transportation is a problem. Since you are on island time, you are in no rush to go and return from dinner, so don’t let transportation be a deciding factor. The prices are about the same or lower than resort meals. I have a couple of menus and a dinner entre (Chicken breast = $40...Steak=$70), appetizers ($20 - $35), desserts ($20 - $30). Another menu lists a "set dinner menu" with a range of $70 to $85.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spending money budget?

For food, we got away with under $700 for two people for the week we were there at the Thalasso by eating a late lunch as opposed to dinner. We had breakfast included in the price of the room, so all we bought was a late lunch somewhere. We also bought our drinks/wine and other snacks from the grocery store in Matira and simply had light eats and aperitifs in our bungalow at night. That worked out quite well.

-Jen

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spending money budget?

Ours came out around $2500 for both of us for a couple excursions, most lunches and some dinners (we have half board in at IC Thalasso and breakfast only for all the other hotels).

6. Re: spending money budget?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 07:21