We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any Brits in this forum please?

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any Brits in this forum please?

I have recently seen Bora Bora in a travel supplement with our Sunday paper - I fell in loveeeeeee!!!

I just wondered what sort of budget was needed - what was the best time of year to visit and also, where the fligjht stopovers were.

In anticipation, many thanks

Jan x

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any Brits in this forum please?

Hi there,

I would have thought any of our continental friends would be able to provide better advice but I'll give it a go.

Budget - depends how much you want to spend. From the research I've done it seems to cost anything from about £300 up to about £700 per night. Have a look through the hotels listed on here and then go direct to their websites to get prices. Remember you need to add about 15% tax onto the price.

Best time - probably cannot give you any better advice than that listed on the Travel Guide section on the left.

I'm going in June for my honeymoon and am hoping for sunny days and nice warm temperatures. (mid 80s)

Stopovers - all flights fly into papetee (Tahiti) and you then get an onwards 'internal' flight. I am flying air france which is direct from LA to Papetee. Air New Zealand stops in Auckland before Papetee and AirTahiti (I think) goes direct to Papetee (I think). All the above is based on flights from LA

If you mean stop overs from UK then I think you have to go via either LA or maybe Australia/New Zealand but I'm not certain.

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any Brits in this forum please?

Hi Amy

Thanks for the info - knew it would be expensive but not that expensive - my bubble has burst lol

Hope all goes well on your wedding day and have a wonderful time in Bora Bora - I will be thinking of you - it looks like Paradise x

Jan

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any Brits in this forum please?

Don't let that bubble burst yet.

You can stay at Le Maitai in an OWB in low season for about $300US (195pounds) a night and that includes breakfast. If you don't need overwater you can even get a beach bungalow for $200 US ($130pounds) a night. Accommodation doesn't have to cost a fortune.

Of course the air to Bora Bora from the UK will be a lot. You will fly thru LA.

Good luck and don't let that dream die.

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any Brits in this forum please?

I will keep the faith Amy lol x

5. Re: Are there any Brits in this forum please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 07:49