We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PPT airport allowance time?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
PPT airport allowance time?

WE are flying in from Bora Bora to Papeete. We arrive in PPT at 7:10PM (schedule change......was earlier). Our outbound flight from PPT-LAX on ATN leaves @ 10:00PM. We are flying biz class.

My questions are: is there a separate biz and 1st class check-in line or is it a mass check-in at PPT, and does this allow enough time for clearing customs and security. Thank you! :)

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

What? You mean you don't want to hang with the rest of us cows?

Yes there is a separate line ..................

You will be through the line and customs in less than 45 minutes .........

MOO MOO

Edited: 20 October 2010, 01:11
santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

You'll be fine....that's plenty of time.

After you check in at the counter, you'll then go through security and on to the gate.

You will go through customs at your first point of entry into the USA ie: Los Angeles.

sunny regards,

shully

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

Seriously, 45 minutes!!! We could enjoy one more sunset before I catch the plane to PPT. No mooooinnng here :) Thank you tikintahiti.

And Shully, we do NOT have to go through US security before boarding the plane to the US? I guess that I am just used to clearing US customs and security in Canada and Europe, prior to boarding a plane bound for the US.

This will certainly expedite travel through the airport. Many thanks.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

You get to do the US security part when you arrive in LA. Less fun than being able to do it abroad. :-(

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

The business / first class has an airconditioned loungre upstairs. It is very comfortable, but a bit crowded. The best part is free wifi if you are in need of a quick fix.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

Thank you, everyone. For those of you watching this forum, we have changed our reservation from the FS to the ST. REgis. I will report back with my thoughts on this property........... :)

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

Hi hi,

Yes you do go through Security in Tahiti. You don't go through actual Customs until you land in the USA as LAX is your first point of entry into the USA. Security and Customs are two different things. :):)

sunny regards,

shully

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

Maybe I should clarify. I meant to say you will be through the line and security in 45 minutes if your 1st class or biz

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

WEARECANADIAN,

Why did you switch hotels? Was it because of the marked up excursion episode?

When are you going? We will be on Tahaa in exactly 3 weeks today and Bora Bora 4 days after that.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PPT airport allowance time?

We are flying over on Air France on Nov 5/6 and leave Bora Bora on the night of the 12th. on ATN. I choose St. Regis because they were more prompt answering my e-mails than FS, FS did not respond or follow up with my requests for Private excursions, and the icing on the cake......(or lack thereof :)) is the dining reviews at the FS are sad to mediocre at best. The Lagoon at the St. Regis with Jean Georges is rated very high. ( We appreciate fine dining.) I have stayed at many FS around the world (I am not updated with the Hong Kong FS on TA.....which was amazing, by the way.)I have always loved their brand. However, each hotel is individually owned and just managed by FS, and obviously some management teams perform better than others (see my review on FS Lanai :( ) I just was not getting the warm and fuzzies with the FS Bora Bora with my phone calls to the resort........And yes, my French is so so, but when I am placed on hold and disconnected, my e-mails are answered after a few days and no one can answer simple questions prior to my visit, then I shall visit a different resort and spend my $$$ there.