We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

cazmonty
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

We are staying 5 nights and 1 night each layover in Papeete. Is it cool in the evening, will I need a jacket?

Thanks

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

No it is not. The weather is quite mild at night during these summer months. You won't need anything for the evenings.

BUT....if you are flying on ATN, and get chilled easily (like me) you might want to bring a lightweight sweater or jacket or just a long sleeve over-shirt or something to cover your arms with. It seems the temp goes back and forth from freezing cold to boiling hot on ATN flights.

cazmonty
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

Thank you LasVegasPatti, I always pack a light sweater for air trips as I know the temp can be quite cooler whilst in the air.

Can you tell me what sort of clothing to pack for Bora Bora?

Is it leasure wear, no bedazzled attire?

We are staying at IC. Would a maxi dress be too dressy?

Thank you for your reply

philadelphia
Level Contributor
779 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

I'm curious...what's a maxi dress???? :)

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

you wear as little as possible : )

Maxi sounds BIG so I'll still vote for mini

Just being a morning bad boy .................

At the nicer places for dinner 'country club casual' is in order

Every place else it's shots and light cotton shirts

pinckney,mi
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

Just got back from Bora Bora, Mid 80's and rain here and there. Great time.

pinckney,mi
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

Make sure and pick up liquor once you clear the security at the duty free store. liquor is VERY exspensive. Double up on your sunscreen that is very exspensive as well. Have a great time..

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
414 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

Dress casual in general, but if it is a special occasion for you (birthday, honeymoon, anniversary) and you want to go out for a nice dinner, I say bring along a nice dress or two. Cute tube or spaghetti strap maxi dress with nice sandals would look great. No club wear - there's no clubs to wear it to! I would say wear dressy sandals if you want fancier footwear than flipflops, but not high heels. Too many places have sand floors or boardwalks with spaces between the planks where your heels can get caught. If you must wear heels, wear wedges (like espradilles) so that you won't have that problem.

cazmonty
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

I plan to wear flats, ie: dressy sandals and flip-flops as I have been to Fiji and experienced the great Flying Fish restaurant at the Sheraton with the sandy floor.

FYI: Maxi dress is a floor sweeper dress but I think I will them at home and bring along others.

9. Re: Leaving for Bora Bora 23 January, what is the weather like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 06:20