We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

I have heard conflicting things about the Thalasso's dinners for guests who have them included in their stay. Will we see SET dinner menus where there are only a couple of choices for appetizers, main course and desert? or is it a full menu that guests can choose from a big variety of items for all three courses? The reason I ask is I am traveling with someone who is an extremely picky eater and really only eats plain ole American non-fancy foods and I am afraid we are gonna run into trouble because of this. Can anyone with definite answers about the menus please help? Thanks.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

Also forgot to add, if you are staying at the Thalasso and your dinners are included, can you choose to eat at the Le moana instead for a night or two without being charged? How are their menus different?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

anyone?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

Bump, I would also like to know....

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

I'll be there in 6 weeks... I'd also like to have an answer

Thanks

Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

If you send me a PM with your email, I’ll forward a bunch of stuff on the Thalasso, including the meal plan prices and the boat schedule to the LeMoana.

Not everything on the menu was included in the meal plan, but there was plenty to choose from. We are not fans of French cuisine, so we were disappointed with the meals. People who like French cuisine told us it was great. If you are travelling with a picky eater, DO NOT get the meal plan.

That being said, the specialty buffets were great. There were two at the Thalasso and one at the LeMoana during our stay. I think the LeMoana was an extra $20, but well worth it. Buffet is not a very good word. They were fantastic and almost cook to order main courses.

If we were to do it over again, we would not get a meal plan (other than breakfast). We would eat the specialty buffets and then take the free shuttle to the LeMoana and try the local restaurants. Food is EXPENSIVE everywhere in BB, so plan accordingly.

Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

Also, here is my review of the IC Thalasso and some comments on meals.

Hotel review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g311415-d596…

Detailed comment on meals

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g311415-i869-k3643…

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

profguy, I emailed Laure and she gave me some updated stuff. Would you like me to send it to you since I would guess you are on here more than me?

Edited: 28 July 2011, 00:16
Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

orangegecko23

Thanks for trhe offer. I will send PM with email. My stuff is about a year old now.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

profguy, so you're saying it's not a set menu for dinners at the Thalasso, it's a full menu, just with a few items that are not included, right?

Do you think someone who only eats the most basic of american type foods can find something on the menu that they can eat (Meat and potatos type of person without any fancy stuff at all including any kind of sauces)

what are specialty buffets and are they part of the dinner meal plan at the Thalasso that is included with our stay?

if you're staying at the Thalasso and have the meal plan can you eat at Le Moana for free too? You said that their Specialty buffet is extra, but there other dinner options?

I'm not too familiar with French Cuisine, what type of stuff does it consist of?

Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thalasso Dinners - are they set menus?

As I recall, there was bland stuff on the menu, but maybe one item. Thus, you may be eating the same thing every night. The head concierge, Laure, is amazing. Email her and see if she can send you a menu. laure.salabert@interconti.pf

The specialty buffets have an “upcharge.” The LeMoana buffet included a Polynesian dance show with Surf and Turf. This will fit you needs perfect. The IC Thalasso specialty budget was the best Japanese and sushi buffet I have ever had. This may not fit your needs.

To improve your choices, the LeMoana is included in your meal plan. Thus, you can switch back and forth. I am not good at describing French Cuisine. You should probably Google it to get more details.