We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

New Jersey
Level Contributor
276 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

Looking at spa treatments and wondering if anyone can comment on what package they enjoyed most? Confused on all the options. Looks like a great time. Thanks.

Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

My wife and I had the basic couples massage. It was great because the room has a glass floor and the fish are everywhere. The best part is that they provide tremendous privacy, first in the therapy room and then with private jacuzzi grottos outside. It is extremely romantic.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
276 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

sounds great, do they give you the run of the place for the day? Looked at the web site and checked out the packages. So many and hard to choose.

Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

Yes, you get to use the entire facility for as long as you want. I am not sure if you get "in and out" privileges. The facility is amazing, so once your treatment is over, plan to hang around for a long time. I bet you can get a bottle of wine delivered to the private Jacuzzi grottos. There are multiple plunge pools and a tea room to relax right after the massage. The type of massage is highly dependent on your personal taste. We like the basic couples Swedish massage.

A good plan would be to do the massage first, then hang around a little bit in the treatment room when done and enjoy the view. After, go to the tea room. There is tea (duh) and a beautiful view of the plant life out the back. Follow that with a brief stop in the plunge pools and they take your bottle of wine to the private Jacuzzi grottos. Pop the cork and you definitely have a nice date!!

Edited: 11 August 2011, 02:00
New Jersey
Level Contributor
276 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

Thanks Profguy, sounds like a relaxing experience. I read somewhere that they have showers with various scents that they omit. My W would like to experience the flower baths. Must try this out, and spend an afternoon, then on to a nice dinner..heaven..

Washington DC
Level Contributor
742 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

The Spa at IC Thalasso is Awesome!! make sure you try the Deep Cold Plunge too! We also had the couple's massage watching the fish swim by underneath from the little glass windows! The different showers are really neat too! We spent a half day just at the spa on our anniversary a few years ago!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

profguy, I was looking for the 'basic' massage you were talking about in the brochure I received and can't find it. Can you give me any pointers on what it was called or what it included?

Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

Oriental massage

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

FWIW, their spa is one of the few places (outside of a physio's) that I've managed to get a 'sports' massage worthy of the name. Not necessarily relaxing, but still good.

Other comments above are all spot on - plunge pool a good wakeup, especially on a hot day!

10. Re: Deep Ocean Spa By Algotherm IC Thalasso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 18:16