We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IC Thalasso restaurant?

san diego
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
IC Thalasso restaurant?

Hello,

Could you share your dining experiences at IC Thalasso? I'd love to check the property and enjoy the view since I'll stay at the other side of the island. I'd like to know if sunset is worth to try there. How is food there? Is it good for lunch or dinner?

Thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
818 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IC Thalasso restaurant?

It really depends on your preference. If you send me a PM, with an email, I will send you the menu.

To start off, I thought the IC Thalasso was the most amazing place I ever stayed. The only weak part was the restaurant.

The sunset is non-existent since it sets over the mountain and you can’t see even that very well from the restaurant. If you like French cuisine, the food is OK. Service was painfully slow and portions small. If you want a drink, go get it yourself from the bar. If you are not a French Cuisine person, there is not much to choose from. The buffets, on the other hand, they have on special nights, however, were amazing. The Japanese buffet was one of my all time favorites.

Lunch was a bit overpriced for the quality. Personally, we liked the snack shack on Matira beach much better for lunch.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IC Thalasso restaurant?

Hi,

We thought that the food was good although expensive.

There is no sunset, as it sets over the mountain as the previous poster says.

We went on a show night and the food was excellent, the entertainment was better on Moorea, but ok all the same.

Cheers

David

toronto
Level Contributor
243 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IC Thalasso restaurant?

Hey prof guy, in regards to snack shack, how does one get to matira beach from IC thalasso?

Indiana
Level Contributor
818 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IC Thalasso restaurant?

The free shuttle that goes between the IC Thalasso and LeMoana (which is on Matira beach). Schedule below.

Times From IC Thalasso

Times from LeMoana

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IC Thalasso restaurant?

We also enjoyed the less formal restaurant at the Thalasso-- food was excellent and you could get a bottle of very good red wine for around 3000 CFP.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IC Thalasso restaurant?

If you're staying on the West side, I'd recommend either Bloody Mary's, or Villa Mahana. The former has more 'atmosphere', and the latter has better food, than the Thalasso.

Neither, however, have a decent sunset view....

7. Re: IC Thalasso restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 00:17