We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closed hotel Bora Bora

hampshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Closed hotel Bora Bora

Does any one know what is happening at Bora Bora hotel will they ever open it again

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closed hotel Bora Bora

Hi hi,

The Hotel Bora Bora is still closed and no new construction is being done as of this writing. No news on any new construction. Shame as this is such a beautiful spot in Bora Bora.

sunny regards,

shully

hampshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closed hotel Bora Bora

Thanks. Yes such a shame I went first for my honeymoon back in the 80's and again with my husband and kids later it is the best spot on bora bora and as soon as it opens, if it ever will we will go again

Indiana
Level Contributor
835 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closed hotel Bora Bora

You can contact the owners and see what plans they have. It is owned by Aman Resorts

http://www.amanresorts.com/homeborabora.aspx

Ingleside, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closed hotel Bora Bora

We have contacted Aman a number of times trying to get them to "MOVE" on the property. They cite political issues with the road. We wrote Patrick, everyone knows Patrick, and he said that the property is really looking bad, nothing is being done on the property.

This is so sad. This was by far the BEST hotel in all of Bora Bora - the best beach, the best people, the most relaxing. We were there 6 times and want to go back so badly. Most of the other hotels are not on Bora Bora, but on the surrounding motu's. This is not Bora Bora. The new hotels are not fully booked, ever! We toured them all and found them to be much too sterile and not at all very Polynesian.

WE NEED TO START BOMBARDING AMAN RESORTS, Adrian Zecha TO GET HIM TO DO SOMETHING TO SAVE THIS GEM OF A PROPERTY. WRITE TO HIM - HE IS THE ONE IN CHARGE.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closed hotel Bora Bora

Agree on the spot, I spent 80 plus days there and loved it to death. However if and when it re opens the cost is going to be prohibitive. That's the real shame.

6. Re: Closed hotel Bora Bora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 05:19