Just wanted to say thanks for the info I got from here it was really helpful. My friends and I had an awesome time! I want to share some of my tips for those going soon.
1. Watch the weight you pack in both bags (check in and cary on) Its slightly smaller amount if you do the air transfer from Papeet to Bora Bora. This was not listed in any of my paper work. Had to pay a $45 fee for extra weight.
2. Don't over pack!!! Take the lightest weight/ thin clothing possible. Only take 1 pair of jeans for trip home. Its so humid you are wet as soon as walk outside. Take 1 pair flip flops and one light weight walking/hiking shoe. You will end up wearing the same comfy clothing over and over. Just wash them out in the ocean and hang dry in room.
3. Reapply your sunscreen constantly. Because of the humidity you sweat it off constantly. Take some solarcane or after sun medicated aloe gel you will need it.
4. Take your 2 bottle limit of alcohol in your check in as drinks are extremely expensive (yummy) but expensive. Have a party with your neighbors. We met plenty of fun groups around us.
5. If there are more than 2 of you expect them to wonder how to set a table for 4 or more. Give extra time.
6. Shop at Chi Lee's market on Bora Bora island. The meat, bread and cheese are all fresh and very tasty. Make sure to buy fruit from the local stands. Also buy gifts from the markets much cheaper.
7. Don't expect top top notch. While we stayed at Le Meridian bora bora and the food was better than that in Tahiti don't get your hopes up. The buffett at the Le Meridian was exellent as well as ala carte. The food was always good and good size but not 5 stars. Remember you aren't there for the food!
Go with the flow allow extra time for stuff and don't be in a stuffy rush. You are there to relax and enjoy your friends and family and yourself. Expect to pay more for items since just about everything is imported. HAVE FUN!
8. Cary cash. Not all places take plastic.
9. Visit Bloody Mary's if you like hanging out at your "local bar".
10. Take the 1/2 day island 4x4 tour, snorkeling tour with shark and ray feeding.
11. Get an underwater camera for swimming, you will use it.
12. Have a great attitude and have a great time!
I will post a detailed report of our stay later. We had 4 days in Bora Bora and 2 in Tahiti. Stay longer in Bora Bora I could have stayed for 7 days or longer. Loved it better than Tahiti personally speaking.
Feel free to ask questions. Just not about specific resorts unless its Le Meridian.