We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Bora Bora!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Bora Bora!

We just returned from 8 glorious days in Bora Bora at the IC Thalasso resort. Absolutely the trip of a lifetime. Don't know how to top this one! Thanks everyone for your help and advice throughout the past few months!

I'd like to return the favor, so any questions anyone may have about the Thalasso, excursions, amenties, etc. fire away. I'll be happy to help best I can! And I am working on a trip report (blog) so I'll post a link when I get that up and running :)

And, for those who were following my TV channel thread before we left...the IC Thalasso carries one ESPN channel (the only other English channel was CNN) and they carried the Saints/Giants game last Monday night! ;) My hubby was able to watch his Saints while gazing at Mt Otemanu. He was one happy camper ;)

Edited: 05 December 2011, 05:14
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Which villa # did you end up with to get a view of Mount Otemanu?

I guess another question would be if the shuttle to Le Moana requires advance reservations. Seems like they use a small boat which would fill up pretty fast during peak season.

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

In going there in August! Have you done any excursions? How does the shuttle work? Lastly did you go on any excursions? Cheers!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

Disney...we had a view of Mt Otemanu from our balcony, but not from our bed. We were in a sapphire room, 111, which is the last room on the end of the pontoon. It's a long walk down the entire length of the pontoon, but we had a lot of privacy there so we liked it.

To get a view from your bed of Mt Otemanu you would need to be in a diamond villa...say 121-125 or 221-225 (around those numbers)

The shuttles worked very well...no advance reservations if going over to the Moana or back. You just show up on the dock 5-10min before the scheduled departure. We used this a lot and I think it's a great service since it's free! (Other resorts charge to take the shuttle onto the island)

As far as excursions we did a jet ski tour of the island that included a stop at a motu for fresh coconut milk. It was 2 hours and was set up by the concierge at the Thalasso. We also took a morning to do some shopping and sight-seeing in Vaitape. I wanted to do a sting ray feeding...but didn't sign up for a tour they do that at the Thalasso everyday at 2pm free of charge! It's amazing...the rays come right up to you and you can touch them, etc. Then after they are fed they just drift back out into the lagoon!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

Thanks for the response. Did you do any snorkeling at the Thalasso or Le Moana. Did you manage to see any fish around your villa?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

We had the last villa on the pontoon...so the water was about 10ft deep. Not a lot of fish there, but at night some would congregate under the villa. The snorkeling near the beach at the Thalasso was great! We would spend hours floating around. Definitely bring your snorkel gear or rent them from the pool staff!

We didn't snorkel at the Moana so I can't comment...but it was rougher water and much windier at that location. The water was as calm as a swimming pool around the Thalasso

Edited: 05 December 2011, 22:02
Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
122 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

We arrive on the Ocean Princess cruise. Is there a ferry that gets you from the main island of Bora Bora to the little island where the Intercontinental hotel is? We can't find any info on the internet.

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

How much do we have to pay for renting the snorkelling equipment? Thought it was for free..

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

nrmm - It is free...but you can't take it back to your villa, and you have to sign up for increments of time. No problem, but a little restrictive. If you have snorkel gear, I'd bring it...but if not then no big deal...

travelbound - email the resort and tell them you need a transfer. The concierge email is listed on the website. It does cost money but is easier than trying to find your own transportation...from what i saw there is no ferry or boat besides the resort's boat that routinely goes to the IC Thalasso.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

This is the first I've heard of their snorkeling equipment not being able to be taken back to the villa. Every other resort allows you to rent gear for your entire stay, for use in your villa or on excursions. Seems like an odd policy to me.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Bora Bora!

I don't know if it was a policy... just what another couple told us. It could be that they were down a few pair? I didn't really get too much into it since we brought our own snorkel stuff. To think about it, maybe it was just the snorkel gear they kept near the pool and beach and there were others to use in your own villa. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure they will have plenty available to use wherever. No one was complaining or anything...like I said we didn't really check into anything since we didn't need their equipment.

If you are worried or just want to double check I'd email the resort. I was in contact with them before we left and they were quick to answer any questions and worries I had.

Edited: 05 December 2011, 22:45