We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bora bora in december? how is the weather?

LOS ANGELES
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
bora bora in december? how is the weather?

we are trying to decide a trip for december 2012 and wanted to know how the weather usually is in that month. I have looked at weather reports and it looks like early december there is less rain then late december. but when it rains in bora bora is it a 30 mins tropical rain that goes away or does it rain all day and all night?

i know its hard to predict weather, but i wanted to see what advice is out there.

thanks in advance

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

All sorts of info on here if you take a bit of time and search : )

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g311415-s208/Bora-Bor…

Edited: 02 February 2012, 17:36
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

FYI,

I usually go in early to mid December every year. Yes it is a bit warmer & humid but overall we have had good weather every time.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 17:37
LOS ANGELES
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

thanks, i have seen that link already. As i said i know its hard to predict the weather, what i was asking is if it rains, is it all day or just 30 mins?

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

That's impossible to tell. If it's normal weather patterns it'll only rain off and on with 5 to30 minute showers with lots of sun and pufffy clouds in between....with the greater chance of rain being during the middle of the night, not the daylight hours. OR...if a big storm system came through, it could rain for a solid week....that is NOT the norm....but it certainly could happen. There's simply no way to predict the weather for a specific week. Quite honestly, you could go in July/August...in prime season....in the drier months....and a storm could come through and rain for several days.....you just never know.

Just go...knowing that even the worst day in French Polynesia is better than the best day at home! :-)

Edited: 02 February 2012, 18:28
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

For us only twice in the last 10 years can I think of a time where it rained all day. Usually as Patti mentioned it rains for 15 - 30 minutes and then the sun come out again.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 18:39
santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

It's hard to predict the weather....especially in the wet season. Some years are drier than others. Past weather isn't necessarily a prediction of future weather. This is not to say it will rain all the time, but that it can. This year is a perfect example. Nice through the beginning of Dec.

sunny regards,

shully

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

I was in FP from 12/10/11 through 12/22/11

Only full rainy day was the 22nd though we had a few hours of rain on the 21st

Edited: 02 February 2012, 21:13
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

i went in october 2007 which was high season and it rained constantly for first 4 days and then last 2 days were glorious.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

i went in october 2007 which was high season and it rained constantly for first 4 days and then last 2 days were glorious.

10. Re: bora bora in december? how is the weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:16