We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari morning or afternoon ?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Topic
safari morning or afternoon ?

I feel so fortunate to have found this forum and hope you can please give me some comments. We have Patrick’s tour booked for our first of two days spent in Bora Bora while on our cruise. The second day we plan on relaxing at the Motu. Our group decided on the full day with 4x4 safari followed by lunch and snorkeling. The group proceeded to read that snorkeling is better in the morning and requested to switch the safari to the afternoon. Patrick’s tour company responded with to do the safari in the morning to get the hard part over with and relax with lunch and snorkeling. I have to be honest as I am prone to car sickness and concerned about the safari. Would you advise to switch the snorkeling to the morning as it may be better? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, Thanks so much.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safari morning or afternoon ?

Snorkeling is usually better in the morning as the winds normally come up in the afternoon.

On Patrick's 3/4 day you do all the snorkeling in the morning followed by lunch plus an extra hour to just hang in the water after lunch. Then you go back to the marina. Another words no afternoon snorkeling .......

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: safari morning or afternoon ?

Thank you for your quick response. The group I am with wants to keep the safari . So you would suggest asking to move the snorkeling to the morning and do the safari after lunch ? Thanks again.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safari morning or afternoon ?

Keep in mind Patrick's is offically a 'private' tour. It's your gig as it's private. If you want morning snorkel it shouldn't be a problem

4. Re: safari morning or afternoon ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2013, 09:17