We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation of IC Moana

SHANGHAI
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation of IC Moana

We book three nights in IC Moana. The confirm email says the cost of transportation boat is mandatory. Did any one knows that? Can we arrange that by ourselves?

One more question on currency. Is the rate from EUR to XPF fixed 119.33? It is also fixed in hotel,like IC?

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation of IC Moana

Yes, the exchange rate of XPF is fixed to the Euro at 119.33.

You are best off using the IC boat transportation. The Bora Bora airport is on a motu (small island), and you need to be transported to the main island where the Moana is located. There is no easy way to do it yourself, unless you take the main transport boat to Vaitape and then taxi to the IC Moana from there... which seems like it would take a lot of time and hassle, and is not necessarily any cheaper. You will definitely enjoy the IC boat transport more!

Edited: 08 June 2012, 22:28
santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation of IC Moana

Great advice given by Barbi above :)

The Le Moana is on the complete opposite side of the island from the airport which is, as mentioned, out on a small motu (island) offshore. Best to arrive in style in their boat transfer. The resort will take good care of you upon arrival at the airport as well. They will have a representative there who is expecting you with a flower lei, and a porter (no need to tip him) to take your bags onto the boat for you. Once at the resort you will be warmly welcomed by staff who are also expecting your arrival. The transfer cost is worth the boat ride alone and is apart of the arrival experience in Bora Bora. :):)

Enjoy paradise!

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 08 June 2012, 23:20
Atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation of IC Moana

I stayed at the IC Le Moana in May2012. being frugal- I took the Air Tahiti boat transfer (FREE) to Vaitape, and rented a taxi to take us to the hotel. Upon departure the front desk asked what time I would like a taxi to take me back to Vaitape to catch the boat transfer back to the airport. Cut my boat transfer fees considerably. about 60% if I remember right.

Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation of IC Moana

I agree with the experts 100%. Experience, convenience,etc.

5. Re: Transportation of IC Moana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 10:15