We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
123 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

Hello! My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Bora Bora and are wondering what to budget for food. What can we expect to pay at restaurants in the area for lunch and dinner? How much more are drinks? Also, is we picked up any groceries in the market, do the hotels have a mini fridge or anything where we could keep things cold? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

perth australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

I would be keen to know what others say about this as well as we are heading there in November.

Thanks

Kate

Johannesburg, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

Hey guys,

we are also dong our honeymoon in May (2013).

As far as costs go -there are TONS of posts to sift through.

But perhaps i could help make this easy for you...

LUNCH:

Most people say the average sandwich and drink (at resorts) costs $25 - $35 per person

Full lunch up to $50

DINNER:

on ave (1 main meal and drink) $100 per person

Some buffets are $200 per person for dinner

DRINKS:

i havent found any specifics here except that alcohol is crazy-expensive...

In short -im budgeting for about $200 a day for Lunch, Dinner and drinks.

hope this helps.

Where have you guys found the cheapest deals?

Im still hunting!!

perth australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

Thanks! Still hunting for great deal but think we will stay at one of the intercontinental hotels.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

My suggestion is dont count on mini fridges being emptied or being cold enough. Bring a collapsible cooler and ziploc bags. There is always ice available.

Regards Bo

Edited: 31 March 2013, 14:49
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
123 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

Thank you! I really appreciate the advice - and I'll definitely remember the collapsable cooler. Great tip!

@RobCraig: I haven't really found many deals and agree that it sounds like alcohol is really expensive. We'll definitely be hitting up duty free on the way there! We are using points to stay at the Hilton but are also looking at spending a week on a sailboat in which all our meals will be covered. Through our travel agent, the total cost comes out to about $300 per person per night on the boat. From what I've been reading it sounds like a steal!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

At just about all the "popular" restaurants, an entre will run you AT LEAST $20 USD. Most items are in the $30 range. Very expensive.

7. Re: Bora Bora Dining - How Much to Budget?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 07:15