We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

London
Level Contributor
379 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

We are getting married in January in Bora Bora at a large hotel staying for 3/4 days in an OWB, but then spending 4 days in a smaller accomodation

Apologies if this is the wrong place to be posting, but wanted some ideas for romantic / playful things to do away from the typical offerings that the hotels offer

thank you

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

I'm guessing geocaching isn't what you have in mind. How about a day alone on a private motu?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

A private motu visit, as mentioned by Michigan_Chipshot, should be romantic.

Sunset and cocktails is always romantic. The larger resorts will usually arrange this, or you can DIY and pick up a bottle of French champagne at the market.

Walk on the outer edge of a motu, where the motu meets the ocean (the Thalasso is gorgeous for this). Particularly lovely at sunrise or sunset. We've always been the only ones there.

If that overwater comes with a bathtub, the resort can do a romantic flower/bath or, again, you can DIY. Candles, monoi, Tiare flowers... perfect.

I suppose those count as romantic (I've been married twenty years and write romance novels--you'd think I could do better!), but I'm not sure what your definition of "playful" is.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

As a side note...amf is NOT the author of 50 Shades of Grey! LOL!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

God, no. Although I suppose then one could afford to move in permanently on Tetiaroa!

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

Stretching a bit further (OK, a lot further), how about a picnic on your own private Antarctic iceberg?

Michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

Not sure if this qualifies as romantic, but we found it "playful". Bring inflatable floaties with you and float in the water right off your OWB. It's like being a kid again - but better because you can float with cocktails. :-) And it gets really fun when you try to enter/exit your floatie after a drink or two. :-)

7. Re: Romantic / playful things to do (away from the usual)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 06:18