We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking guides and cycle hire

London
Level Contributor
402 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
hiking guides and cycle hire

hi,

I am struggling to find hiking guides online to hike in Bora....does anyone have any tips or recommendations...

also a bikehire company?

it just seems all companies focus on water or 4x4

thank you

mark

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking guides and cycle hire

Mark,

Activities around Bora Bora are indeed more water oriented and the 4X4 will take you places you can climb yourself and around the Island. Unless you intend to climb Mt Pahia (which I have not done yet), you will need a guide. While there are a few Islanders that know the way; there are a few others offering their services.

I have not met him yet but Azdine Ouadine is one of them. See boraboraislandguide.com/bora-bora-tours.html & boraboraislandguide.com/bora-bora-valley-of-…

Azdine is well known on the Island, if you are interested I will dig his local # (just ping me direct).

* although many people have done it alone; it is NOT ADVISED especially during the rainy season. Even Islanders do not frequently venture there, one did succumb the hike this summer as he was alone and fell.

Best,

Stephan

London
Level Contributor
402 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiking guides and cycle hire

thank you Stephan, have pm,ed you

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiking guides and cycle hire

Did not get any PM.

London
Level Contributor
402 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hiking guides and cycle hire

Hey i went to the link you sent and then got his details

Sorry and thank you again

Mark

5. Re: hiking guides and cycle hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17