We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping / Leaving Hotel IC Thalasso

tennessee
Level Contributor
179 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping / Leaving Hotel IC Thalasso

To get from the IC Thalasso you have to take a boat / small ferry to places like Bloody Mary's and the other IC hotel?

What is the best place somewhat nearby to buy gifts or things to bring home that are reasonable in cost? and preferably unique to the area in some way (and I don't mean $1000 pearls or jewelry - lol)

It is worth leaving the hotel for lunch at other places outside of the hotel? Or will the transportation costs make it more unreasonable versus just staying on site?

We are taking a sunset cruise one afternoon and an all day jet ski / ray feeding tour and our friends are renewing their wedding vows another day. So we are leaving the hotel for some events planned already.

Ohio, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping / Leaving Hotel IC Thalasso

May I ask who you are taking the sunset cruise with ? I am having problems locating one ?

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping / Leaving Hotel IC Thalasso

Hi there,

yes indeed one must take the shuttle boat from IC Thalasso to their sister resort (IC Le Moana) to visit the island. The boat runs all day and into the evening....they will provide you with a schedule. Restaurants will pick you up via car at Le Moana and bring you back for the boat ride to Thalasso....just make a restaurant/boat reservation with the Thalasso concierge. There are a few small shops within walking distance once you get to Le Moana & a nice gift shop right outside the front door of Le Moana....but perhaps a ride into the main village for trinkets and souveniers would be best....much better selection. There is a shuttle bus that goes a couple times a day from IC Le Moana....small fee for this shuttle...make a res w/Thalasso. Honestly there are great souvenirs at the airport in Papeete. Just outside security the shops open about 3 hrs prior to international departures...there are also nice duty free shops inside security. :)

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 11 February 2014, 04:45
tennessee
Level Contributor
179 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping / Leaving Hotel IC Thalasso

There is a good sunset tour / excursion offered through the IC Thalasso hotel which was $79 cheaper than the one offered through our travel agency. It was not on the original excursion list from the hotel, but I emailed them and they sent me the details on the two tours they offer.

4. Re: Shopping / Leaving Hotel IC Thalasso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18