We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible weather:(((

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Terrible weather:(((

We came to Bora Bora yesterday and unfortunately the weather so far is terrible:( it's very very rainy and very very windy:((( if someone has any idea when it's going to be sunny please share.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrible weather:(((

From what I've heard from friends on Moorea, this weekend is supposed to be very nasty! Hopefully better in a few days.

Tahiti, French...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrible weather:(((

Society islands are on "orange alert" for rain and wind until prob Sunday night... things should look up as of Monday going on Tuesday.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
67 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terrible weather:(((

We are here as well. We heard that it is supposed to get nice on Thursday. Sadly for us we leave on Friday. Expensive honeymoon in the rain. Any tips on what to do in the rain besides the spa? All nautical activities are canceled. We've only had one nice day so far. Depressing.

Tahiti, French...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Terrible weather:(((

Sad for you but this is the rainy season... it may not rain or it may rain for days on end... which island are you on or where are you staying?

It should clear by Sunday night/Monday for BB, Tuesday for Moorea/Tahiti... nature's call but that is the forecast. The orange alert is the reason for all nautical activities to be canceled, it is to keep you safe... :)

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
434 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terrible weather:(((

Certainly the weather is terrible, try to make the best of it. Water activities not being available, take the time perhaps to go in town, talk to the Islanders; learn about their culture, music, customs, food, how are pearls being cultured etc.. go for a drink somewhere? Even though the weather is bad, there are still some amazing photos to be taken and memories to take home.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,786 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terrible weather:(((

We're on Huahine and like everyone else have also had very bad weather since late Thursday although I was able to get in the water Thursday afternoon before the worst of it hit. Today is once again very cloudy with passing rain but the winds have calmed down enough that I am going to try to get in the water again. We had our motu picnic/snorkeling tour cancelled yesterday. Going into town hasn't really been a good option because of the frequent extremely high winds and heavy downpours, although my friend did go in on Friday morning and got a good window of no rain. We've basically just loaded up the iPad and have been getting in lots of reading. Luckily we're here another week and caught four days of good weather on the front end so it's not a big deal to us, but I feel for those who are here for a short time. Whenever we come in the rainy season we book at least two weeks so we can be (relatively) assured that we'll get some good weather.

The wind, precipitation, and cloud cover forecast they have printed up at the front desk has been very accurate and it says tomorrow - Wednesday are supposed to be fairly clear and dry. We head to Bora Bora tomorrow.

California
Level Contributor
9,455 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terrible weather:(((

Sorry to hear about the bad weather! Hope it clears up soon! Don't think this will make anyone feel any better, but I just talked to my son who got back yesterday from a "skiing" trip to Alaska. A helicopter takes them to the top of a mountain to ski down. Anyway, due to bad weather not one day of skiing the entire week.: (((

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terrible weather:(((

We are staying in Merdien Bora Bora. Today the weather was a little bit better, cloudy but at least not so windy and rainy, I really hope that tomorrow when I wake up the sun will be shining:)

Tahiti, French...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Terrible weather:(((

I am happy for you, this website (meteo.pf) will give you satellite pics of the massive clouds but they are heading south or so it seems as the orange alert is now for the Austral islands... Enjoy your stay!

http://www.meteo.pf/observation.php

10. Re: Terrible weather:(((

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19