We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bora Bora

Tucson
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bora Bora

My wife and I are planning a trip to Bora Bora this coming May. First, is there any golfing in Bora Bora? Second, we wanted to go to Hawaii first and then to Bora Bora but all the flights from Hawaii seem to want to go back to LA and then to Bora Bora which is a waste of time and money. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what airline services these locations? and maybe we will not go to Hawaii if that is going to complicate matters. Hawaii, according to my, "how far is it" website, is 2,729 miles from Tahiti. But now if you add going back to LA I am sure the trip is a lot farther. Can anyone give me some good information as to what route the airlines take to get to tahiti? We want to break up the long flight by stopping somewhere along the way for 4-5days and then on to Bora Bora. Thanks for your help

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bora Bora

You van fly from Phoenix to Honolulu any day and then fly to Tahiti on any Sat. Hawaiian flies once a week to Tahiti and back.

We fly several times a year from Seattle using this route.

Layovers in Hawaii are OK

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bora Bora

Don't get me wrong I once golfed regularly and loved it, but thankfully there are no courses on Bora. There's no room. Unless someone has raped yet another motu and built one then at best it's only a nine holer. There was one on Tahiti itself and probably still is.. Do your golfing in Hawaii where the courses are world class. Tahiti is for other things. My opinion.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bora Bora

They are building a golf course on Moorea right now. Close to the Sofitel and the airport. No golf courses on Bora Bora.

I do not think you should try Hawaii and Bora Bora in the same trip. There are no direct flights and flight time from LAX to Tahiti is 8 ½ hours and then almost and hour to Bora Bora. I imagine flight time to Hawaii is similar. Pick between the two.

Try Air Tahiti and Hawaii Airlines. You could also try air France and air New Zealand.

4. Re: Bora Bora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 19:18