We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips to Israel/Petra??

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watford
8 posts
Save Topic
Trips to Israel/Petra??

Hi there

We are staying in Marsa Alam (the 3 Corners) next month. Just wondering if anyone knows of any trips to Israel or Petra from there? Would really appreciate your knowledge/advice as these are trips that we would love to do if possible.

Many thanks and best regards

Andrea

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips to Israel/Petra??

Have not heard of any, I'm guessing it would be easier to visit Israel/Petra from Marsa Alam than it would be from the UK but I wouldn't guarantee it. Aswan/Luxor/Cairo are 24 hour trips from Marsa Alam, I wouldn't like to think how long it would take to get to Israel and back.

Barry.

Nuweiba, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips to Israel/Petra??

If you want to combine an Egyptian beach/dive destination with Petra you really need to be in Sinai, - Taba, Nuweiba, Dahab, Sharm etc

From Marsa will be really far.

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips to Israel/Petra??

Hi

We did a trip to Jordon/Petra but we were staying at a Hotel based in Taba at the time. A wonderful day out really worth doing. (Read my review)

On our recent trip to Marsa Alam there was no mention of trips to Petra from there. They advertised trips to Luxor and Cairo.

Enjoy your Holiday.

SQ7

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips to Israel/Petra??

Andrea - as two of the other posters say you are really on the wrong side of Egypt to combine it with Israel or Petra. Luxor, Abu simbel and Cairo are all at least a day trip away from Marsa. So I would suggest you explore the area around here and then book another holiday to the Sinai area eg Taba, Newieba or Dahab to do Petra and Israel later

Sg

Watford
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips to Israel/Petra??

Thanks everyone for your very useful advice, I found a map of Egypt now and I can see what you mean about Marsa Alam being very far from Israel,etc!!!!

Does anyone have any experience of doing the Luxor trip from Marsa Alam and are there any other interesting trips (probably not Cairo as that does seem too far).

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!

Andrea

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips to Israel/Petra??

Andrea - there is a couple of threads earlier this month regarding trips from Marsa to Luxor, Cairo and abu simbel which has been recently added. I have done luxor which is either a very long 1 day up at 4am or you can do a more relaxed 2 day. We did the two day but costs have changed so check the threads as there is more recent info on costs and who is best to book with.

Sg

7. Re: Trips to Israel/Petra??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam