We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help re three corners

derby
Level Contributor
523 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
help re three corners

hi all

We have booked to go to 3 corners marsa alam in october myself husband and daughter age 7 - we were going to sharm with xl but thats out the window now ! :(

I have lots of questions if anyone could help that would be great !

does anyone have hotel email addy ? when i try via website it doesnt work. What is the snorkelling like ? is it windy ? what temperatures gen weaterh can we expect ? is teh sea v cold ? whats the food like ? are there other hotels nearby ? is the a la carte good ? whats the alcohol like ? how are the rooms ? is it popular with children ? and are they well catered for ? how far is the the port ? are there things open restaurants etc ? do we have to purchase a visa ?

generally any advice for us - many thanks

birmingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help re three corners

hey, haven't stayed here but met some people who did. Free shuttle bus to the port with shops and resturants. the snorkelling they said was very good. have stayed in two other three corners in sharm and rooms are always spacious and clean!! Buffet will be as expected in AI a lot of choice but then repeated the 2nd week. Entertainment mainly for catered for italinas but sport activiies and snorkelling for children! need visa pay at air port £15. hotles are scattered! but 3 corners is nr to port so don't feel so isolated. It will be warm in october if it is windy maybe a problem with snorkelling but they will tell you if unsafe!!

Hope this helps.

derby
Level Contributor
523 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help re three corners

thank you !!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
590 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help re three corners

Hi Spadge

We are going to the three corners at xmas and although have been to sharm, Hughada many times & luxor, we havent yet been to marsa alam and am slightly anxiou about our choice Would you be good enough to post a report when youve been on how you found it as after reading your posting I have the same questions and would also like to email the hotel direct

Thanks

Val

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help re three corners

spadge

this is the website link threecorners.com/marsaalam_hotel/…

Hotel email e-mail: request-fayrouzplaza@threecorners.com

this is the link to reviews from people who have been

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g311425-d647908…

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
590 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help re three corners

Hi sq2 the email address from the website dosn't seem to work as it keeps bouncing back!

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help re three corners

not sure what can be done except may be phone them and mention it during your conversation

Sg

derby
Level Contributor
523 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help re three corners

i did get a reply eventually using this

Res-Fayrouzplaza@threecorners.com

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help re three corners

hi,

the hotel is lovely. i wrote a review when we came back in mid september. the only problem and it was a big one for us is we were both very ill. my husband's test results came back today he has a form of dysentry. the letter informing of this came from the council health and safety section. they were notfiied by the health lab at the hospital.

I am waitign from my test results- but did see the hotel DR. twice.(had injections plus lots of tablets.)

We are both still suffering- although no where near as bad as we were there.

whilst i ate salads my husband never eats them, so we do not know what food caused the problems.

the location is next to a very good beach. it had a slight welcome breeze,and the temperature then was about 28/29 in the sea.(august to sept).it was very good for snorkeling as it has shallow and deep areas easy to see/access fromthe pontoon.the a la carte we tried on our 2 day- and it was very good. not able to try agin due to illness. they have a childrens area of th epool and the main one getly slopes. they had a building that looks like a boat for a play centre for children. we didnt have children with us so no idea what this was like.

th eport is near by and as previously mentioned easy to get to by the bus. the port will be lovley when more people are aorund. it was a bit like a ghost town when we visited. a shame as it looked nice and people were friendly. restaurants just tgi fridays a couple more amercian type ones i think a coffee one and a morrocan. not yet really esteblished but nice for a night out of the hotel.

hope this helps.

liverpool
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: help re three corners

Hi we are booked to go to 3 corners on New Years Eve.Hope we arrive in time for celebrations. We are 5 adults, 1 child age 11 and 1 child age 13 - girls. Would appreciate any information about this hotel also. Reviews are mixed, particularly about the food. Hope it isnt too bad! We have no transfers booked as yet. Can anyone help with this! As all transfers on-line appear to extortionate for a 10 min journey.Any general advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help re three corners

We booked our transfers by contacting the hotel direct. The charge was 35 euros for a return journey by mini bus