We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberotel coraya beach

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
iberotel coraya beach

hi trying to plan family holiay over xmas. we would like to check that you can snorkel from hotel beach here? also i have read on forum that it is possible to go to abu simbel via aswan can you do this by flight or is it coach only?

Is this hotel good for Children ? 12 and 10 do they do larger family rooms? Any other info or suggestions greatly appreciated. Also who is good tour agent I have used longwood befor but it does not give a similar description of beach and trips ie no jetty mentioned.

Has any one been at christmas before do you need a shortie wet suit for snorkelling and does it get chilli at night. Do you need heated pools?

Just a few questions. cheers for any help.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberotel coraya beach

From what I can gather the Iberotel Lamaya is more geared up for families with the majority of rooms having a double room, with two singles in a partioned section of the room.

The Coraya is more couples orientated.

I am visiting the Lamaya myself on Wednesday for a week, but wished I had booked the Coraya as its only myself and my husband travelling - but to alter the booking to A/I at the Coraya was going to cost £502 extra!

Cannot comment on trips as this will be my first visit to Egypt, but if you visit the Thomson website you can read about various excursions that they run http://www.thomson.co.uk/excursions

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iberotel coraya beach

thank you i have also seen the sahara sands in port galib that looks good.

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberotel coraya beach

Hi

The coraya is definately more for couples and although there is a kids club it is not aimed at the age group of your family. the lamaya is more geared up for families. Also i believe the set up for family rooms is better at the lamaya as it would be a camp bed and settee which maybe not be big enough for your family. Amazingly the sea is not too cold at christmas as it has been warmed through the summer however best to take just incase although you can hire. the evenings can be chilly in that you will need a jumper and longer trousers, we sat outside cosied up to an open long fire at the coraya at the beginning of december. The only way to get down to aswan and abu simbel is by coach leaving on sunday returning monday. if you require any further info don't hesitate to contact me.

regards

Sue

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberotel coraya beach

Hi Thanks for your help do you know if you can snorkel from the hotel at lamaya? was abu simbel brilliant and did you get much chance tovisits anything else in aswan?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberotel coraya beach

the Lamaya has a jetty over the coral along the shore, so you can snorkel from there. to see photos of the hotel visit the website iberotel.com/en/hotels/details.php?id=21

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iberotel coraya beach

many thanks very helpful I have emailed th ehotel directly.

notts
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: iberotel coraya beach

hi, coraya probably best hotel on red sea coast. great snorkeling directly off of beach in sheltered bay, good reef, turtles etc. my kids loved this place, as did i.

Essex
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iberotel coraya beach

Hi

We have been to the Coraya hotel three times and are returning this summer. It is a quiet hotel and although there have been several families there with children, there isn't really specific entertainment aimed at them. We always have a family room which consists of twin or double bed and a single settee type bed which our tall teenage sleeps on. They can put another single bed in the room but it takes up a lot of the sitting area. However the hotel told us you can request two double rooms which have a linking door, you might find this better with two children.

We always book with Thomson when we can as this includes transfers from the airport which can work out very expensive.

We have been at the hotel 2 years running for New Years Eve and the celebration and food are excellent. The hotel put an enormous amount of effort in to this celebration. I do not know what they do for Christmas Day though.

If you are going in the sea this time of year for any length of time you will need some form of thermal protection as it is not warm. We wear our 3mm full wetsuits and even then we were cold on the snorkeling trip to Hamatta Islands. If you are entering the water from the beach you really need water shoes as the sand is a little coarse in places. There is also numerous amount of sea life in the very swallow water so make sure your children are aware of not to touch are step on it as some are dangerous if touched. There snorkeling from the Coraya hotel beach is excellent, the other hotels in the bay do not have beach entry you have to walk round to the Coraya beach.

The Coraya Hotel is definitely the best quality hotel in the bay, all of the hotels are owned by the same group and they work together sharing resources. We were told by the staff that the Coraya was the superior hotels on the complex. If you go all-inclusive all food and drink is obviously included as well as all your laundry, (even dry cleaning) and unlimited beach towels. They waiters even bring you drinks when you are sitting on the beach. The restaurant is buffet style but unlike the other hotels there are waiters who serve drinks, clear the tables etc.

You can use the facilities at the other hotels but you can not eat or drink at them unless you pay.

The weather at Christmas time is usually like an English hot summer, but nights can be cold and one day last year we needed a fleece in the day time.

One of the hotel pools is heated the time of year you are planning to visit and is very warm.

Hope you have a great time if you decide to go.

We have always had very enjoyable holidays at this hotel. Many guests return for their future holidays.

9. Re: iberotel coraya beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 05:50
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam