We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quad biking at Coraya?

England
Level Contributor
530 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Quad biking at Coraya?

Do they offer quad biking trips here as we would really quite like to do this whilst we are staying?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,179 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quad biking at Coraya?

Hi,

Can't help with a yes or no answer but just wanted to advise you to obtain ins for risky sports (250cc quads) before you go as they don't have it out there, no matter what they say. There have been some horror stories on TV (not just about Egypt) as well as on TA.

Check out some of these in case they can help:

www.insuremore.co.uk , www.travelinsuranceweb.com & Endsleigh ins.

Insureandgo

www.moneysupermarket.com/insurance ,

http://www.sportplan.net/userapp/pages/travelInsurance.jsp?sport=Quad+Biking ,

jsinsurance.co.uk/travel_insurance/quad-biki… ,

rush2go.co.uk/insurance/travelinsurance.asp

the-insurance-surgery.co.uk/…

www.ecclesiastical.com

Regards

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quad biking at Coraya?

Lozzy

Most the hotels will do Quad biking in the MA area as its very popular, and as you are in a bay with several other hotels you could always check them out as well.

Nephthys Is right to urge caution regarding insurance - often travel ins will say it covers some risky sports including quad bikes, but then you need to read the small print , which will often lists limitations eg only up to 125cc or only if qualified, some put an age limit not younger than 16yrs, so read the small print as you will not get insurance out there.

Sg

sheffield
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quad biking at Coraya?

yes there is a quad bike centre at coraya bay.we didnt use it tho so dont know what kind of circuits it does

Edited: 15 February 2010, 19:58
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quad biking at Coraya?

Hi, yes there is quad biking at Coraya, if I remember correctly it's just in front of the hotel as you walk round the bay. We stayed at the Lamaya and booked it at the health club. I seem to recall it was quite reasonably priced and it was absolutely amazing. There was just the two of us and we went off into the desert in the afternoon. (Two Germans had set off with us but they got sent back for not obeying the rules!!). The guide also parked up during the trip and walked us up what seemed to be the side of a mountain but the views were amazing at the top. During the trip my partner managed to lose his wallet but the 2 guides were brilliant and (leaving me in a bedouin tent in the middle of the desert....) they went off to look for it (talk about a needle in a haystack!!) but one of the guides managed to find it! We were out about 3 hours and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Hurtling back through the desert in the dark is something I will never forget! I would echo the posts about insurance because you do completely have to sign your life away on a badly worded form before you go out!

5. Re: Quad biking at Coraya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam