We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What is there?

After looking at some of the reviews, i was wondering if Marsa Alam is the place for a family holiday? Having been to Sharm and Makadi i was wondering if there are things to do such as going for a wander or is it strictly a hotel based area like Makadi?

Also, can anyone reccomend a hotel that would suit a 9yo little girl, with regards to KidsClubs, cos if shes happy then my wife and i are happy.

I am not looking for nightlife, but would prefer the ability to stroll in the evening and maybe find a nice bar where i could just watch the world go by

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is there?

Marsa Alam is still a very young resort and really still not much more than hotels spread over several miles of the coast, much more sread out than Makadi Bay although there are some hotels grouped together.

Port Ghalib will offer more in the near future and does offer limited shops/restaurants now but is no where near the complex it will be when finnished.

Somewhere like the Lamaya is better suited to family holidays, there are more hotels in the bay and I think there may be a water park nearby but really it is a hotel based holiday that will not yet offer kids as much as other resorts.

Marsa Alam in my opinion is enjoyed most by divers/snorkelers and people who can completely chill out without the need for entertainment provided by others to make their holiday.

Barry.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is there?

I forgot to add the Google Earth is very good for giving you an idea of what the area looks like and there are many photos available for each hotel.

Barry.

sheffield
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is there?

yes there is a waterpark at the lamaya.and a kids club

Edited: 22 March 2010, 20:41
4. Re: What is there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam