We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentists in Marsa Alam

Sheffield
Level Contributor
76 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Dentists in Marsa Alam

We're flying to Marsa on Thursday and my wife has ended up having emergency dental treatment today. Does anyone know if there is a dentist in Marsa Alam should we need one while we're away?

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentists in Marsa Alam

I would be suprised if there was but there is a Medical centre. There really is not much around the Marsa Alam area, not sure what the treatment was but we always take some supplies with us. There is a gel you can get from a large supermarket starting with "T" that had amazing effects on toothache, you can also get a temp filling kit from a place similar to Shoes that might help if you lose a filling.

Hope this helps and the code is not to tough to break:)

Barry.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentists in Marsa Alam

I think Barry is right, be prepared, although I believe I saw a hospital now at port ghalib and there is one at Marsa Town , whether they would treat tourists is another matter. A friend who worked at Akassia swiss resort had to go to hurghada for the dentist and people who have had accidents or very unwell have always been transported to Hurgarda or El Gouna.

Sg

Sheffield
Level Contributor
76 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentists in Marsa Alam

Thanks for the responses.

Hopefully we should be ok but we're also intending to dive which may aggravate the problem. Hey ho!!!

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentists in Marsa Alam

Know that feeling , Had to have an emergency filling 24 hours before I went to Egypt one year. I told the dentist to really pack it tight to ensure no gaps luckily it worked and no problems diving.:-)

Which hotel are you going to?

Sg

Edited: 22 September 2010, 22:14
5. Re: Dentists in Marsa Alam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 05:31
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam