We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

If anybody has any questions,feel free to ask,and I will do my best to help.

We were there Dec 15th-29th 2011

Cheers skybluefish52

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
459 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

You missed a cracking New Years Eve party at the Grand :) Did you enjoy your holiday?

Luke, Emperor Divers.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

Hi Luke,

Yes we had a great time,very pleasantly surprised with the whole place,the staff try so hard to please,may even return later in the year.

Cheers skybluefish52

Prague, Czech...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

Hi! We are looking at this hotel for our trip in february and I would appreciate if you could describe the beach area? Is it a sandy beach, possible to walk without beach shoes? Availability of sunbeds and umbrellas? I read somewhere that the only way to go in to the sea is from a Jetty, true? I assume there are diving possibilities connected to the beach as well? Thanks in advance for response!

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

if you check google earth you will get the idea . find Marsa Alam airport and just up to the right . ( pm me an email address and can send a link to it )

It looks like a jetty as the reef runs along the coast and you cannot just swim straight to the drop -off as too shallow over the corals .

You can I believe use the bay next door at the Coraya , Lamaya to access the sea straight off the beach . more sheltered . The Jetty access are red flagged if the wind gets up as the currents would take you down the coast or bash you into the coral .

The beaches in Marsa are not very foot friendly usually . Near the sea there will more than likely be sharp bits of broken corals .

Reading this it sounds horrible there , It really isn't . It is a lovely relatively unspoilt natural area at the moment but developing around the hotels .

i haven't stayed in the Resta area before ,bit further south and north . But most hotels are similar , some have a small lagoon to bathe in on the beach but the reef access is normally from a Jetty apart from a few sheltered bays ,

Coraya or Brayka and Abu Dabbab areas .

Plenty of Resta fans on here so hopefully someone will give you more relative information . All hotels have a dive centre I think .

PM sg2 she does loads of diving in Marsa and will be able to help you better

Andy

Mentioned in this post
Marsa Alam
Marsa Alam
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Abu Dabbab Beach
Abu Dabbab Beach
781 Reviews
Marsa Alam, Egypt
east yorkshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

hi Andy we are going in 7 weeks ,do you know what time the gym opens for my husband

cheers Gill

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

Sorry bodytone

no idea .

I take a note from my mum excusing me from gym :o]

May have to contact hotel directly for that unless someone else knows

Andy

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

Hi Gill,

I'm not 100% certain,but I think they opened at 8-00am.If you need to know for sure e-mail them on: infogrand@restahotels.com

Cheers skybluefish52

east yorkshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

thanx very much for your reply I will do just that

southampton
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

skybluefish52 - did you use the pub for a drink while you were there? i think i read that this is not part of the a/i - so can you give me an idea of the drinks prices,for example a beer,glass of wine or g & t? thanks

east yorkshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resta Grand Resort- Just back,any questions??

Hi ,we didnt use the pub but I think when matches are on they charge 3 euros admission which includes a drink, it isnt part of the AI package , hope this helps

Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam