We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying for visa - currency question

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Paying for visa - currency question

Hi,

Anyone know if you can pay in euros? Hubby has been away on business and got some €20 notes left and I wondered if rather than change then back I could get our visas with them (there are 5 of us by the way) and I know to go to the bank kiosk :) pesky reps!

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying for visa - currency question

If so then the rough cost would be helpful.

Thanks

falmouth cornwall
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying for visa - currency question

I'm pretty sure you can pay in Euros in fact I'm sure they take any currency. For info when you get into the arrivals hall don't go straight to the tour reps telling you that you can buy a visa from them. Look left and you will see a small window with VISA on it pay there you get the same stamp but a lot cheaper I paid 30 us dollars for 2 back in Jan this year

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying for visa - currency question

Would a child under 2 have to have a visa?

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying for visa - currency question

The visa is $15 from the kiosk has been for years , this is converted into whatever currancy you want to pay in at the rate they choose on the day..

The age question i can't find anything on the site regarding age , suspect if the child has its own passport you may well have to pay but cant find an answer, perhaps someone with kids can say whether they had to pay for their off spring.

Sg

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paying for visa - currency question

I thought the same as you, if they have a passport, they will have to have one.

Just thought I'd ask.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paying for visa - currency question

Just got back from Egypt. We paid 30 dollars for 2 visa. I believe they take uk pounds too.

7. Re: Paying for visa - currency question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:40