We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Returned from Iberotel Lamaya last Thursday [23rd February] after a two-week stay.

If anyone has any questions I'd be pleased to help answer them.

Jane

southampton
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Hi we are going in September, keep reading about the bottled water is there a problem thanks Andy

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Hi Andy,

When you arrive there is a 1.5L complimentary bottle of water in your room. There is additional water and other [branded] drinks in the minibar but these are not included in the all-inclusive.

You can arrange with the room boy to have two large bottles of water per day for 15 euros per week.

There are also shops outside the hotel selling water if you just wanted to purchase the odd bottle.

There are several points around the hotel where you can refill bottles; main restaurant, bar, pool bar and the Morgana beach bar and grill, each open at different times of the day.

As we both had a small water bottle that we had taken on the plane, purchased after security at Gatwick, we used these for refilling as they were lighter to carry around.

We, personally, didn't feel there was any problem with refilling bottles and didn't find it necessary to purchase any either. Additionally, there are also unlimited soft drinks available for you to help yourself, both fizzy and fruit based; I was mixing fruit juices with the water which was still refreshing and made a change from just plain water.

I would add that we also used this water for teeth cleaning, despite what I have heard / read I have never used tap water to clean my teeth in Egypt and after three holidays to different places have never experienced "pharaohs revenge"!

I hope you have a very enjoyable holiday in September.

Jane

southampton
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

thanks for your help thats great Andy

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Hi,

we're going for a week in August. What currency should we take? We've never been to Egypt before

Thanks

Lou

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Hi.

Is there wi-fi avaiable in the hotel lobby or any computers on site?

Thank you

Steve

sheffield
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

there are computers for use between the reception and dining rooms,something like 1 euro for 15 mins.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Lou

Change your money to LE (egyptian pounds ) when you get to Marsa airport , there is a bank as you get into the arrivals hall. You can also get your visa from here as well its £10 or $15.

Use LE for tips but most hotels and shops will take any currancy just dont tip in coins, staff have problems changing this to LE.

SG

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Thank you for the information

Steve

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Thank you

Lou

Farnham, Surrey
Level Contributor
87 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberotel Lamaya - just returned - happy to answer questions

Weighing up between lamaya and sol y mar dar madina at the mo for new year ... Did you happen to go nose ?

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam