We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resta Grand Resort - November

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Goole, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Resta Grand Resort - November

Hi, staying for 1 week nov 13th, just have a few questions if anyone know the answers!

How much are the A La Carte's? and are they worth it?

Which restaurants are part of all inclusive and which do you pay for?

When does it get dark?

How hot will it be?

Is there wi-fi in lobby? Cash-machine? Shop?

Can you snorkell in the sea, or do you have to walk across the jetty? (can you buy snorkelling gear there?)

Thats about all i can think of!

Regards

Keiron

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

Also are certain things closed/unavailble as its out of season?

east sussex
Level Contributor
505 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

oh please someone reply .we are going october and would love answers to these questions lol

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

Hi Keiron, Hi Sandy

I'm Sherif, Hotel Manager of Resta Reef Resort next door.

At the moment, there are 2 a la carte restaurants at Resta Grand "Plateau" - seafood/grill, and "Zeit Zaitoun" - Mediterranean -

Depending on what you order really, an average cheque would range between EUR 25-40.

"The Space" - main dining room - is the only restaurant that is included within the All Inclusive formula.

As for sunset, in October it starts to set at 17:20 whereas in November at 16:55, I would give it an extra 30 min before it gets completely dark.

Temperature in October ranges between 22 C & 32 C, whereas in November it's between 18 C & 27 C so I would recommend bring along a light cardigan just in case.

Wi-fi is free of charge in the lobby, high speed internet is available at the internet corner and the rooms however against charge.

There is a shopping arcade with around 13 shops in the lobby and that's where you will find the cash machine too.

Yes you can snorkel in the house reef however, from the jetty as it's the only recommended access. In case of a black flag, you may use the beach of Resta Reef as it contains several large lagoons in the middle of the sea where you can snorkel when the sea is high.

Snorkelling shoes always recommended. Any gear you need can be purchased here locally.

Please let me know if you have any further inquiries, I remain meanwhile with

Sincere Regards

Sherif

east sussex
Level Contributor
505 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

sherrif thanks so for your replies i so wish we were coming to resta reef as your support to all these threads are great and i know you must run a supererb hotel, hope we meet up in october

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

Thanks Sherif,

Is there a pharmacy/doctors?

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

Thank you Sandy for your kind words, please stop by at Resta Reef for a cup of coffee whenever is good for you...

Hi Keiron, there is a pharmacy in the lobby shopping area open till 10:00 PM, there is an on call doctor and a hotel clinic as well.

Cheers

Sherif

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

Thanks again!

Counting down the days now!

leics
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

I second that comment - it is very good to see regular, helpful comments from the manager on here. We (my wife and I) are flying out on 28th November for two weeks, to the Resta Reef. I'm really looking forward to our holiday and hope to see Sherif then.

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

Good Morning Alan

I look forward to meeting with you as well in a couple of weeks' time.

I remain meanwhile with

Sincere Regards

Sherif Afifi

Hotel Manager

10. Re: Resta Grand Resort - November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:17