We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming back to Marsa

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
coming back to Marsa

Just booked coming back to Marsa for 5 th visit .

Staying at Sol Y Mar Abu Dabbab .

Lots of happy memories of Abu Dabbab . It will be interesting to see how it has changed , not been since 2009 . First two or three visits there were no hotels in the bay ,then just the Sol Y Mar .

Just a few weeks to wait .

Hope we make it this time ,we had booked Lamaya a couple of heard ago at the same time ,early Dec but flights were cancelled because of snow at gatwick

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: coming back to Marsa

Yes, Sg2 - quite a few Maldives regulars on the Red Sea boards this evening! Where are those turtles in Marsa again?

Edited: 27 October 2012, 23:22
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: coming back to Marsa

Yep. Escaping. My prices doubled so decided to spend the vast amount of money the Maldives requires on ME! And some nearby sun :-)

Tho I'm a newbie to Marsa, been to Sharm to swim 3 special reefs and Hurghads 2.

Perhaps there could be a thread when people come back giving their uptodate info about the sealife & coral as we all seem to be going to different resorts. See which come out best

Edited: 27 October 2012, 23:59
suffolk
Level Contributor
78 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: coming back to Marsa

been to most in Marsa the best so far for snorkling and sea life is the three corners.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: coming back to Marsa

Must admit Maldives prices are getting silly. Where we visited last year has gone up by 1500 pounds this year. Did you mean your Maldives holiday price has doubled Sue?

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
265 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: coming back to Marsa

We are going to Marsa in May through Thomsons staying at LTI Akassia, Thomsons platinum, really good prices at the mo aswell

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: coming back to Marsa

Sueb

Think its a good idea so whose first up ?

I went to Marsa before Maldives and MA by far is still my favourite substitute , been up to Newuiba, Markadi bay plus a few liveraboards as well

I have had several of my best dive experiences off the MA coastline with Dolphins, dugongs and turtles so from a diving perspective i like MA as most sites are uncrowded there is a mixture of shore, house reef and boat.

Whilst it is very hotel based with only a little outside other than trips it does give a good combination for a reasonable price.

At the mo looking to see whether the heart rules the head or vice versa.

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: coming back to Marsa

Thanks pbax.

I'm picking Fort Arabesque because I can have company there as we have had rain & cloud for 15mts and had enough of my own company. I understand I can do the boat trips to the reefs I want from there which is my main objective.

If I get to see those things Sg2 mentions it would be great. Seriously considering going back to Australia and my island on the reef because of the quality. Still costs less than the Maldives.

Still planning to go the Royal Brayka at another time for the reef but may have to check out pbax's.

suffolk
Level Contributor
78 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: coming back to Marsa

Fort Arabesque a good choise very easy snorkling and a nice hotel with good food it is nice to walk along the beach past all the other hotels to.

I am sure you will love it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: coming back to Marsa

Hi Sue - do you mean the Fort Arabesque in Makadi Bay?

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: coming back to Marsa

Oh yes, got confused, it happens a lot these days. Too much rain.

I had been going to Royal Brayka solo on advice but as said I've spent the summer indoors. The Fort has dancing for my evenings and ancient tho I am I studied Raqs Sharqi so hope to have a bit of fun. Maybe get the Saga guests belly dancing ;-)

Pbax I had heard about the walk. Someone borrowed a bike and went snorkeling further down. It's in my notes somewhere. Looking to go out on boats a few times like I did in Hurghada.

Sg2 you're making me jealous, dugong is the one I haven't seen and would love to. Will be a very long shot from where I will be.