We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson and Concorde moreen

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomson and Concorde moreen

Supposed to be going to Concorde moreen in may with Thomson.just found out bookings not being taken by Thomson due to contractual issues.bit worried in case we get cancelled .anyone heard anything

lincolnshire UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

I emailed first choice and had a reply on the 9th of Feb to say that they were investigating the status of the hotel - haven't a clue what that is supposed to mean. The website has not been taking bookings for about six weeks.

We are due to go end of July gut feeling is that we will end up being moved.

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

Hi I'm booked for August and contacted thomson to see why it had been took off sale and they told me that they were negotiating contracts with the hotel that's why it's been took off. I would really like to know what's going to happen because they only have 2 other hotels to choose from on first choice website and I don't fancy either, so if we get moved I'd rather my money back!!

lincolnshire UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

Yes CUBA06 I figured its contracts, we really fancied Marsa. There were 4 hotels on First Choice they took the 4th of after the Concorde. Thomson do a few others but not sure if they would allow transfer to those.

Interestingly when we booked the Concorde it had five stars but before it went off was 4+.

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

When we booked three corners fayrouz plaza with Thomson and it got dropped they automatically moved us to another hotel, we didn't like their choice so rang them up and told them where we wanted to be. They moved us without charging us the admin fees (£50 each) so I expect that will happen if the hotel gets dropped. Or you can demand a refund and they will have to give it.

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

I just find it odd that a hotel can get dropped when no thomson customers have actually been there yet as its new for this year. I just wonder if its not up to scratch or something

lincolnshire UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

Think that the spa is not yet finished, so probably are some issues. I just wished they would let me know, preferably before i have to pay the balance

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

the main problem seems to be lack of info from Thomson.I am wanting to book diving but don't want to risk it in case our hotel gets changed.

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

Kbb765

I'm the same as you I would like to know before paying the balance but ours isnt due until may so have a bit of time yet. To be honest the reviews aren't all that brilliant either and I'm hoping if they do keep it on their books that it changes a bit because its all geared for Italians at the moment.

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

Kushtym8

You could still book the diving because I'm sure they would pick you up from a different hotel anyway.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson and Concorde moreen

if you are booking with emperor - on their website they list all the hotels they pick from.

It may be worth dropping Luke at EmperorOceans a private message to ask what emperor would do if you had booked with them and then your tour company move your hotel, think you will be ok

Sg

Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam