We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Cairo

I am travelling to egypt 22nd May my passport expires November 1st, damn just realised and I've only 2 n half weeks till I fly out, any advice

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo

I'm only touring for 9 days

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo

Sorry, but it's a problem. I know first hand of people who have not been allowed to board a flight from the US without the six months validity, and people on the forum have said the same in the UK. They've also described an expedited process where you can renew your passport in less than a week, I think.

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo

Sorry to hear of your predicament, you will have to renew passport prior to going suggest attending your nearest passport office I think you can make appointments although not sure will be a lot of hanging about. Sorry to be bearer of not so good news Sue

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo

As the others say , you need minimum of 6months on your passport to fly. Given the timeframe you will have to go in person to your nearest passport office

govdirectory.co.uk/phone-number/manchester-i…

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo

Ring the Passport Office immediately, fix an urgent appointment. I don't know whether you need to take proof of your flight dates (for instance print out of ticket) but Passport Office will advise best over the phone. You should be able to collect your new passport within a few hours of your appointment if you go in person and are able to book "a premium service." Given that holiday season is fast approaching I wouldn't personally risk opting for a slower service but again I am sure the Passport Office can advise you as to whether the one week Fast Track service would be OK. Good luck and hope you have a great holiday.

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cairo

Brilliant advice from AlisdareH good luck!

7. Re: Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam