We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info about Marsa and how to get there

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Info about Marsa and how to get there

There is a couple of articles here which cover some of the FAQs but it is not always easy to find them , so I have posted the link. It may help answer some of your initial questions and assist you in formulating more.

I am going to see if we can get it pinned to top questions l/h side or pinned to top of forum page

sg2

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g311425-s1/Marsa-Al…

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info about Marsa and how to get there

Thank you sg2 Regards Sue

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info about Marsa and how to get there

Thank you - this is really useful.

You may also want to consider the option of using Egyptair and doing a multi-stop booking. For example from London flying in to Marsa Alam and out through Luxor or Hurghada. It costs the just about the same but can be helpful in avoiding overnights in Cairo.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Marsa Alam
Marsa Alam
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info about Marsa and how to get there

The articles were written by luke , who is based in marsa, however Whetton, I think given the current situation and FO guidelines, Cairo may not be an option at the moment although I suppose if you are just changing planes and staying in the airport it might be ok.

sg

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
4. Re: Info about Marsa and how to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam