We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking close to Anadyr Adventures for 30' RV

Which Valdez hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking close to Anadyr Adventures for 30' RV

We are planning a day trip with Anadyr Adventures, so we need to park our RV for the whole day somewhere. We are trying to avoid staying in Valdez campgrounds. I was thinking about Valdez Glacier Campground, but it is 8 miles from Valdez. Is there any parking nearby (form 7 am till 7pm)?

3 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking close to Anadyr Adventures for 30' RV

Do you NEED to park close to Anadyr ? Valdez is VERY small. The harbour area is only a couple of blocks and that's where most of the traffic is. You'll find plenty of space, even for a large RV if you're willing to walk a few blocks. At 7am you might find something at the harbor but I'd be worried about getting boxed in.

Drive by the night before to scout out the area. As you drive into town, instead ot turning left to go to the harbor, turn right and you'll find some small restaurants and residential areas. Park there and walk 4-5 blocks.

We camped in town; a gravel lot, small sites, and road traffic noise. Bear Paw, maybe. Eagle Nest looks a little further away from the noise factor but still close enough to walk to the harbor.

Edited: 10 March 2012, 18:24
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
108 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking close to Anadyr Adventures for 30' RV

If you're booked already with Anadyr, ask them. 30' is big, but I seem to remember that they were helpful about parking.

Chicago, IL
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking close to Anadyr Adventures for 30' RV

Thank you for all suggestions. I didn't realize how small Valdez is :)

Reply to: Parking close to Anadyr Adventures for 30' RV
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted