We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

26 Glacier Cruise

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
26 Glacier Cruise

Is the 26 Glacier Cruise worth the time? We have already experienced the day long Kenai Fjords tour out of Alaska but were looking for something a little different this time around. It appears that this tour emphasizes glaciers but I'm wondering how much wildlife is typically observed on this trip?

Thank you!

Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Whittier Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Horsetail Falls Trail
Scenic Walking Areas, Hiking Trails
Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
997 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 26 Glacier Cruise

I personally don't think it is worth it if you have already gone out of Seward on a Kenai Fjords Tour. The Kenai Fjords have more to offer in the way of wildlife, but less glaciers. I just think once you see a few glaciers on a mostly glacier only tour, it will get a little repetitive.

pine hill, nj
Level Contributor
307 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 26 Glacier Cruise

I agree that it might not be worth it. We only saw some seals(i think)for wildlife and that was it. Although we did get to see many glaciers and some of which we got to see calve, to do two cruises when you can be doing something else that you haven't seen, seems like a waste of time. We only did the 26 glacier cruise because we never had time to do the one in Seward, and we didn't cruise to Alaska.

Level Contributor
595 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 26 Glacier Cruise

I have to disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed my day out on this trip. I saw tons of wildlife the day we went and it was absolutely gorgeous the day we went. Saw tons of calving. I figure if you are in Alaska, that's what you are there for. That's just my 2 cents though.

pine hill, nj
Level Contributor
307 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 26 Glacier Cruise

I guess that's just how it goes sometimes. You never know when you are going to see wildlife, and we were really hoping to see some---so we were disappointed on that fact. I will agree that we did see lots of calving glaciers and the thunder that they produce is quite amazing. I guess you really need to figure out what you really want to see. I do think that 26 glacier cruise does emphasize glaciers. I guess only you can decide how to use your time. Good luck. Maybe someone else will have another view.

5. Re: 26 Glacier Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Whittier